Apple strudel is one of the simplest and most delicious apple desserts, which simply should not be missing on the table in autumn!
Apple strudel is a perfect autumn dessert that is extremely easy to prepare and made with only 6 basic ingredients that you probably already have at home. If you don’t know what to do with all the apples, be sure to try this classic dessert, which is great on cold autumn days, and the whole appartment smell of cinnamon and apples. The strudel is very juicy, as it is richly stuffed with apples, and you can also add raisins to it, which you pre-soak in juice or rum to make it more juicy and tasty.
The strudel does not contain sugar, as the apples are already very sweet and there is no need to add additional sugar, and it also does not contain oil. Even without it, the dough stretches equally well and bakes really nicely, and the strudel can be enjoyed without any guilt! Once the strudel is baked, you can sprinkle it with erythritol or powdered sugar.
For the whole strudel (dough and filling) you only need 6 simple ingredients. These are:
- cinnamon powder and
- lemon juice.
You can add raisins to the filling and sprinkle strudel with eritritol powder.
Preparing tstrudel is very easy and won’t take much time. Sprinkle salt on the flour, add water to it and knead into a smooth mass and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. For the filling, peel and grate apples, add cinnamon and lemon juice and mix well. Divide the dough into three parts, roll each one into a rectangle, sprinkle with apples and roll. Place the rolls in a slightly floured baking dish next to each other and bake for about an hour.
Similar recipes with apples
For all apple lovers, we even have a collection of delicious recipes for apple dessert goddesses:
- apple pie,
- apple oat crumble bars,
- apple cake,
- donuts with apple filling,
- apple donuts baked in oven,
- baked rice pudding and
- apple cinnamon bliss balls
Vegan apple strudel
- 650 g flour
- 350 ml cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 kg apples
- juice of half a lemon
- cinnamon to taste
- Sprinkle the flour with salt, pour water on it and mix and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Shape into a ball, sprinkle with flour, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Peel apples and grate them, add cinnamon and lemon and mix well.
- Divide th dough into three equal parts. Roll each one into a rectangle, sprinkle grated apples on it and roll.
- Stack the rolls in a baking dish, side by side.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour in a preheated oven at 200 °C.