Juicy apple-cinnamon donuts baked in oven are a great delicious snack.
If you’re looking for ideas for different and slightly special donuts, you’ve come to the right place! These delicious donuts are truly unique and the exact opposite of classic donuts. What makes them special is that they are:
- baked in the oven ,
- have the shape of a regular donut but don’t have a hole through,
- they are stuffed with juicy boiled apples with cinnamon and
- sprinkled with erythritol powder.
The inside of donuts is very soft and fluffy and combination of apples and cinnamon in the middle is truly exquisite!
Preparation and ingredients
You don’t need oil to make these donuts, because they are not fried, so you only need a donut pan. The process is quite simple, but it takes a little more time as it is necessary to let the dough rise twice, which makes the donuts very soft and juicy.
The dough is quite similar to the dough for fried donuts, but they differ in the way they are shaped and baked. For the dough you will need:
- almond milk,
- dry yeast,
- coconut sugar,
- maple syrup,
- turmeric – for color,
- salt andin
- coconut oil.
From these ingredients, knead the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes to make the donuts soft and light. Then divide the dough into 12 parts, shape each into a ball, flatten it a bit and place in a donut pan. Make sure that a little dough remains on top, as this will make it possible to add the apple filling in the middle.
The filling is very tasty and simple to make. All you need are:
- maple syrup and
Cut the apples into small cubes and cook together with the other ingredients, then pour the filling into the holes on top of donuts.
You can also watch the entire preparation process in the video below.
Carnival season in Slovenia is next week, so baking donuts is inevitable, as it is a tradition to eat donuts. We usually baked regular fried donuts, but in the last 2 years we started experimenting a bit and created some new ways to prepare them. We have a whole collection of different recipes for vegan donuts, from classic ones to donuts baked in an oven and even in an air fryer.
Vegan oven baked donuts with apple filling
- 500 g flour
- a pinch of turmeric (for color)
- 9 g dry yeast
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 30 g coconut oil
- 250 ml almond milk
- 3 small apples
- 20 g maple syrup
- 70 ml water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- juice of half a lemon
- In a bowl, mix the flour, turmeric, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add maple syrup, rum, coconut oil and lukewarm almond milk.
- Mix the dough well with a wooden spoon and then knead it with your hands.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least 45 minutes to keep the donuts soft and light.
- When the dough is risen, divide it into 12 equal parts.
- Form each piece into a ball, flatten it a bit and place in a donut pan(make sure there is a little dough left on top, so you will be able to fill the donuts).
- Cover the donuts and leave to rise for 15 minutes.
- When they are ready, put them in a preheated oven at 200°C and bake for 20 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare the filling.
- Peel apples and cut into small cubes and place in a pan.
- Add water, maple syrup and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cover a pan and bring to a boil, add the lemon juice, then cook all together for a bit to soften the apples nicely.
- Take the baked donuts out of the baking pan and turn them around.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, fill the holes with apple filling and pour a little of the liquid that forms during cooking.