Extremely moist and delicious chocolate-coconut cake, that is really simple to make. It is perfect for all chocolate & coconut lovers!
If you haven’t tried using semolina in a dessert, now is the time! It’s a great ingredient for desserts, because it tastes amazing and creates a perfect texture. In combination with coconut, coconut sugar and plant-based milk it creates a perfect soft, creamy and delicious cream, that is just irresistible. You can even eat it on its own, or use it as a filling for a chocolate cake, like we did. We used to only use semolina to make semolina porridge, until we discovered what a perfect dessert ingredient it is. Now we use it for many different desserts and love it! If you are one of those people, that has no idea what to do with semolina or you have never tried it before, give this a go and you won’t regret it.
And the chocolate cake is what makes this dessert truly amazing. It is very soft and moist, thanks to zucchini! A bit of shredded zucchini in a cake makes it very moist, but don’t worry, you can’t even taste zucchini. It is only there to create a nice texture, but the taste is very great and chocolaty, because of cacao powder. We love adding zucchini to cakes, to make them truly amazing. You can find another recipe for a chocolate cake with zucchini here
This cake is very simple to make, with just a few basic ingredients and it doesn’t take a lot of time. So it’s perfect for when you are in a hurry or want a delicious dessert, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. The combination of chocolate and coconut is one of our favourites, so we make this cake very often and never get bored of it! If you love this combo too, you should definitely give this cake a try and we are sure you will love it too!
Vegan chocolate cake with coconut filling
- 250 g flour
- 250 g zucchini
- 120 ml plantbased milk
- 25 g cacao powder
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 50 g coconut oil
- 30 ml agave nectar
- 14 g baking powder
- 1 l plantbased milk
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 100 g semolina
- 200 g shredded coconut
- Blend zucchini, add plantbased milk, coconut oil, agave nectar and mix it well together.
- Then add a mixture of flour, baking powder and cacao and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour into two small pans (or one big and then cut in half). Make sure it's not too thick, because the whole cake will have two layers of cake and cream in the middle so you don't want it to be too high.
- Bake for around 20 inutes on 180°C.
- Mix plantbased milk with coconut sugar and bring to a boil.
- When it's boiling, slowly add semolina, and keep mixing, so that there won't be any lumps.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add shredded coconut and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until it gets very thick. Mix from time to time.
- Put one half of a chocolate cake on the bottom of pan, cover with coconut filling and cover with the other half. Press it togehter, so that it will stick together.
- Let it cool down and the cream will get a bit thicker and it will all stick together.
- If you want, cover with melted dark chocolate.
- Cut into square pieces and enjoy!