Tasty, juicy, simple and healthy pumpkin chocolate bars are a perfect autumn treat.
Autumn is here which means it’s pumpkin spice time! There is also so much autumn produce (pumpkin, chestnuts, apples…) in season right now that can be used to create divine dishes. Our favourite autumn vegetable is hokaido pumpkin as it is very versatile and is great for both savoury and sweet dishes. And since we have a lot of them in our garden this year, there will definitely be a lot of pumpkin dishes on our table this fall. At the end of the post, you will also find links to other pumpkin dishes that we have already published on our blog.
This time we used it to prepare divine pumpkin chocolate bars. These delicious bars consist of three incredible layers that complement each other perfectly. Hazelnut crust and soft pumpkin cream covered with chocolate create the perfect combination of flavours and textures. Even though this dessert has three layers, it is very easy and simple to prepare and it is made with only 10 simple ingredients. Bars are also flour-free and oil-free and you can also make them in a gluten-free version, just replace the oatmeal with gluten-free ones.
Ingredients and instructions
Pumpkin chocolate bars are prepared with three delicious layers.
- hazelnut meal,
- oat flour – we grind oats into flour ourselves but you can also simply buy oat flour,
- baking powder,
- agave syrup– you can also use maple or rice syrup and
- almond butter.
Put hazelnut meal, oat flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix. Add the almond butter and agave syrup, mix and pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press the dough well to form the base of the pastry.
- pumpkin puree,
- agave syrup,
- pumpkin spices and
- tapioca starch– you can also use corn starch.
Put cooked pumpkin, pumpkin spices, agave syrup and tapioca starch into a blender and blend into a smooth cream. Spread it on the dough and bake for 25 minutes at 180 °C.
- chocolate and
- warm water.
While the cake is baking, slowly melt chocolate in a pan. Add lukewarm water and mix it into the chocolate. Pour over the baked pastry and let it cool down.
If you are also a big pumpkin fan, check out our other pumpkin recipes on the blog:
- stuffed hokkaido pumpkin,
- pumpkin muffins,
- pumpkin lasagna,
- pumpkin pancakes with walnuts,
- pumpkin cake.
Vegan pumpkin chocolate bars
- 100 g hazelnut meal
- 30 g oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40 g agave syrup
- 15 g almond butter
- 350 g pumpkin puree
- 50 g agave syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin spices
- 7 g tapioka starch or corn starch
- 50 g chocolate
- 60 ml warm water
- Put hazelnut meal, oat flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix.
- Add the almond butter and agave syrup, mix and pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Press the dough well to form the base of the pastry.
- Put cooked pumpkin, pumpkin spices, agave syrup and tapioca starch into a mixer and blend into a smooth cream.
- Spread it on the dough and bake for 25 minutes at 180 °C.
- While the cake is baking, slowly melt the chocolate in a pan.
- Add lukewarm water and mix it into the chocolate.
- Pour over the baked cake and leave to cool.