Extraordinary chocolate pastry with hazelnuts and flaky puff pastry is an excellent quick and tasty snack or dessert.
This delicious dessert is perfect for all chocolate and puff pastry lovers! Crust and cream together with hazelnuts create a wonderful combination of flavours and textures. The pastry is really easy and quick to make, as the puff pastry is simply rolled out, baked, coated with chocolate cream and sprinkled with hazelnuts. And you only need 6 ingredients to make this dessert!
Smooth silky cream with a rich chocolate taste is truly divine and goes incredibly well with puff pastry and crunchy roasted hazelnuts. Puff pastry is perfect for when you don’t have a lot of time for baking, but still want to treat your guests, family or yourself with a delicious homemade dessert. Any vegan chocolate can be used for the chocolate filling and instead of roasted hazelnuts you can also be use some other toppings, nuts or dried fruit (almonds, walnuts, cocoa beans, freeze-dried fruit…).
Ingredients and instructions
You only need 6 ingredients for this delicious chocolate pastry:
- puff pastry– we use frozen puff pastry, which we then thaw and roll out into a square, but you can also use an already rolled out sheet of dough,
- coconut milk– we recommend using full fat coconut milk (from a can), which is extremely creamy and has an intense flavour,
- chocolate drops– you can also use regular vegan chocolate and chop it into smaller pieces,
- agave syrup– you can replace it with maple or rice syrup,
- corn starch and
- roasted hazelnuts.
Roll out the puff pastry into a square measuring approximately 25 cm x 25 cm and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 200 °C.
While the pastry is baking, cook the chocolate cream and then pour it over baked puff pastry, sprinkle with chopped roasted hazelnuts and, if desired, decorate with melted chocolate. Let the cream cool down completely and harden, cut and serve.
If you love puff pastry desserts, we have quite a few recipes that you are going to love:
Vegan chocolate pastry
- 250 g puff pastry 1 sheet
- 290 g full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 100 g of chocolate drops
- 40 g of agave syrup
- 20 g of corn starch
- 40 g of roasted hazelnuts
- Roll out the puff pastry into a square measuring approximately 25 cm x 25 cm and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200 °C.
- While the puff pastry is baking, prepare the chocolate cream.
- Add chocolate drops, 250 g of coconut milk and agave syrup to the pot, stir and slowly heat to a boil, stirring several times to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- While the cream is heating, mix the cornstarch and 40 g of coconut milk.
- When the cream starts to boil, pour in the prepared starch mixture, stirring constantly, and cook at a medium heat for another 3 minutes, stir several times.
- Pour the cream on baked puff pastry, sprinkle chopped roasted hazelnuts and, if desired, decorate with melted chocolate.
- Let the cream cool down completely and harden, then cut and serve.