These delicious raw chocolate bars made without any baking are a perfect healthy vegan energy snack.
Raw bars are extremely easy to prepare, which is why we really love them! They can be prepared in many different ways, as you can add different kinds of nuts, dried fruit, seeds, freeze-dried fruit etc. This time we made chocolate hazelnut bars, that are made with only 4 healthy and simple ingredients. All you have to do is mix them together, shape into a rectangle, let it harden and then cut into bars.
These fantastic energy bars contain only healthy, natural and vegan ingredients. They are a great snack because they are rich in fiber, healthy fats and natural sugars. The slices are also gluten-free, so they are also suitable for everybody eating a gluten-free diet. At the same time, they do not contain any added sweeteners, as they are sweetened only by dates. They are great to take on the go, to work and school. They are best stored in the refrigerator, but they can also be frozen.
Ingredients and instructions
You only need 4 simple ingredients and you can already have a delicious and healthy snack ready!
These ingredients are:
- dates – they are an excellent binder in raw desserts and they also make desserts very sweet, so there is no need to add other sweeteners,
- hazelnuts – ground and chopped, for an intense hazelnut taste,
- cocoa powder – for a nice chocolaty taste,
- coconut oil – ensures that the slices harden just right.
Soak dates in lukewarm water overnight, then drain the water the next day, rinse them, remove excess water and place them in a blender. Add ground hazelnuts, cocoa powder and coconut oil to the blender and blend into a uniform mixture. At the end, add chopped hazelnuts and mix them into the mixture with a fork (don’t blend). Sprinkle the baking paper with ground hazelnuts and shape the mixture into a square and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for at least one hour to harden. Then cut into 12 slices and store them in the refrigerator.
We have a lot of recipes for raw desserts, from cakes, bars to balls:
- raw lemon cake,
- raw strawberry cake,
- raw apple-cinnamon bliss balls,
- fresh strawberry balls and
- raw strawberry slices.
Raw vegan chocolate bars
- 100 g dry dates
- 140 g ground hazelnuts
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 10 g coconut oil
- 30 g chopped hazelnuts
- Soak dates in lukewarm water overnight.
- Drain the water from the dates, rinse them and put in a blender.
- Add ground hazelnuts, cocoa powder and coconut oil to the blender and blend to get a dough.
- At the end, add the chopped hazelnuts and stir them into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the baking paper with ground hazelnuts and shape the dough into a square and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour to harden.
- Then cut into 12 slices.