Raw strawberry slices are an extremely tasty and refreshing snack or dessert. Preparation is incredibly easy, you only need a blender.
Raw desserts are ideal if you don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing them, because you don’t even need to turn on the oven, you just need to mix the ingredients for both, the base and the cream. This is one of the reasons why we love raw desserts, and the other reasons are definitely extremely rich taste created by a combination of fruits and nuts and the perfect creamy texture.
Delicious strawberry slices consist of a thin base, made with dates, hazelnuts and almonds and a refreshing strawberry cream with cashews and coconut oil. This dessert is a real vitamin bomb that will impress you with its taste and texture. The slices are also gluten-free, making them suitable for everyone who enjoys a gluten-free diet. At the same time, they do not contain sugar, they are sweetened only with a little bit of maple syrup, but they are still very sweet, because of dates and strawberries.
Although these slices are ready quickly, it is good to soak dates and cashews before you start. We usually soak them in lukewarm water and leave them overnight to soften so they blend more easily. However, if you don’t have that much time, you can also soften them by soaking them in hot water for at least half an hour.
For the base you only need 4 ingredients :
- dates, which are an excellent binder in raw desserts and also make desserts very sweet so there is no need to add other sweeteners,
- ground hazelnuts,
- ground almonds and
- coconut oil to make the base harden a little.
The best part is of course a thick layer of refreshing strawberry cream! The cream is even easier to prepare than the base and it also contains only 4 ingredients:
- fresh strawberries, which are the main ingredient, as they give an exceptional fruity taste to the cream (you can also use frozen strawberries),
- cashews soaked overnight to soften so they can create the perfect creamy texture,
- maple syrup for just the right amount of sweetness and
- coconut oil which makes the cream harden just right and become very smooth and silky. If you do not want to taste the coconut, we recommended you use refined coconut oil, which does not have a strong smell and taste. But if the coconut taste does not bother you and you want the slices to be as healthy as possible, use cold pressed coconut oil.
Fresh strawberry slices
- 30 g dates weighed before soaking
- 25 g hazelnut meal
- 25 g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 100 g cashews weighed before soaking
- 150 g fresh strawberries
- 50 g coconut oil
- 30 g maple syrup
- Soak dates and cashews in lukewarm water overnight or for at least a few hours to soften (soak separately, in 2 bowls).
- Rinse the dates, pour away the excess water and mix them into a smooth cream with a stick mixer.
- Add melted coconut oil, ground hazelnuts and almonds and mix well to get a compact mixture.
- Roll it out between two layers of baking paper into a thin square (about 12 x 12 cm).
- Rinse cashews and put them in a blender along with strawberries and mix into a smooth cream.
- Add melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Put cream over the base, it is easiest to make it in a square container so that the cream does not run off the base, or make an edge out of baking paper.
- Place the finished dessert in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to harden.
- Cut into cubes and store in the refrigerator.