Soft almond bliss balls are a great healthy snack that is ready in minutes.
These delicious balls don’t contain sugar, because dates are naturally very sweet, so there is no need to add other sweeteners. Dates are a great ingredient for desserts, as they are not only very sweet and you don’t have to add sugar, but are also a great binder. When soaked for a few hours or overnight, they become very soft and can be mixed into a smooth and sticky paste with a mixer. All you have to do then is just add ground nuts (in this case almonds) and you get a firm but juicy mixture that you shape into balls with your hands and roll them in almond flakes.
No-bake and raw desserts are great if you want a healthy and at the same time tasty snack that doesn’t take a lot of time to make it. With raw desserts you don’t need to turn on the oven, you only need a mixer, but you can use a regular stick mixer. Just mix well all of the ingredients and tasty dessert is ready.
All you need to make these juicy balls are dried dates, almonds and vanilla extract. We used different forms of almonds, as each one adds a wonderful flavour to the balls. We used:
- ground almonds – you can buy almond meal and save time or grind them yourself,
- ground roasted almonds – they add a wonderful aroma, as they have a very intense taste, but you can also easily replace them with ordinary almonds, only the taste will be a little different and
- almond flakes – for some crunchiness and a nice look.
Healthy almond balls without baking
- 100 g dates
- 30 g ground roasted almonds
- 30 g ground almonds
- 40 g almond flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 g almond flakes to roll the balls in them
- Soak dates in lukewarm water for 2 to 3 hours (maybe overnight) so they become soft.
- Rinse dates and mix them into a smooth paste (you can use a stick mixer or blender).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the date paste and mix everything well together.
- Shape into about 10 balls.
- Roll each ball in crushed almond flakes.
- Store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.