Healthy and delicious chocolate truffles with pistachio and covered with dark chocolate will become your new favourite snack!
These delicious truffles are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and really easy to make. They are a perfect healthy snack. We love them so much, because they are really tasty and so creamy. The secret ingredient in these truffles is sweet potato, yes, you heard it right!
We love making desserts from vegetables! These way they are more healthy and also contain a lot of vitamins. We usually use sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini or carrot. Sweet potato is great for desserts and you can sneak it in without anybody notice! It gives these balls nice creamy texture and you can’t even taste it. It’s naturally really sweet so it’s perfect for desserts and you don’t have to add a lot of other sweeteners. We like to use it for cakes, pies, or bake them in the oven and top them with some almond or peanut butter and fruits. We love sweet potato so much that we even grow them in our garden.
These truffles with rich and fudgy chocolate center and crunchy pistachio coating don’t require any baking! While chocolate makes everything taste so good, we have to add it in the truffles and also some rum, for the final touch. You won’t be able to resist them because they are really addictive.
Chocolate pistachio truffles
- 200 g sweet potato (uncooked)
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 15 g cacao powder
- 3 teaspoons of agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons of rum
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 7 teaspoons chopped pistachios
- chopped pistachio for topping
- melted chocolate
- Cook sweet potato. Put it in a bowl when it's cooked and mash it.
- Add dark chocolate to sweet potato while it's still warm and let it melt.
- When it melts add all the other ingredients and mix everything together.
- Put it in the fridge for at least one hour, so it can harden a bit.
- Then make balls and cover them with dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachio on top and place in the fridge until chocolate hardens completely.