The combination of delicious dough and soft cream topped with cherries makes an amazing dessert.
Chocolate pie is one of our favourite pies. It’s an amazing dessert filled with lots of delicious chocolate cream, that is not like any other chocolate cream, it has a secret ingredient that you could never guess if you just tried it! It is sweet potato! Yes you heard it right and it is a perfect ingredient for the cream, because it is naturally pretty sweet, so you don’t have to add a lot of sweeteners and it has the perfect texture for cream – check out the video down below to see just how nice and soft it is. This cream is definitely one of our favourites, because it is so chocolaty, very healthy, oil free, and isn’t too sweet. We use it for cakes, oat bars , truffles or just eat it on its own, since it’s really delicious!
Check out our video to see how to make the pie and to see how amazing the cream is.
Vegan chocolate pie
- 120 g flour
- 10 g coconut sugar
- 30 ml water
- 15 g soy yogurt
- 20 g vegan margarine
- 360 g sweet potato
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 30 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 65 ml rice milk
- Mix flour, soy yogurt, margarine, water and coconut sugar.
- Form a ball and put it in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough, put it in a pie pan and make some holes with a fork.
- Bake it on 180°C (350°F) for 20 minutes.
- For the cream cook sweet potato and add chocolate while it’s still hot.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla essence, rum and rice milk.
- Blend it until you get a smooth cream and spread it on baked crust.
- Add some coconut whipped cream and cherries if you want.
- Let the pie harden in the fridge for a bit.