Amazingly soft and moist cake that melts in your mouth.
This amazing and light almond cake is very rich in flavor and really easy to make. It’s one of our favourites. It’s perfect spring dessert, with berry glaze on top, that makes it really pretty and so delicious.
You can make amazing desserts with basic ingredients and this cake is a proof. The key ingredient for it’s softeness is aquafaba. We love using aquafaba in our recipes because it makes desserts really soft and tender. Aquafaba is a water that is left when cooking chickpeas and can be used in the same ways as egg whites. When you mix it, it becomes really thick and if you gently mix it into batter, it makes it very soft.
Almond cake with berry glaze
Ingredients for cake
- 380 g flour
- 50 g almond meal
- 12 g baking powder
- 150 g aquafaba
- 75 g coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 525 ml rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 25 g coconut oil
Ingredients for glaze
- 100 ml berry syrup
- 50 ml water
- 15 g vanilla pudding powder
- Mix all of the dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl blend aquafaba until it becomes really thick and add it to the batter.
- Pour it into a mold and bake on 180C(350F) for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix water and syrup and bring it to a boil.
- When it’s boiling, slowly mix in pudding powder (previously mixed with some syrup). Pour it on cake and let it cool down.