If you love a combination of apples and cinnamon, these oat crumble bars are just what you need! They are a perfect healthy and delicious snack.
Combination of apples and cinnamon is the key to a perfect fall dessert, it creates the best flavour and the smell is just magical! Since it’s apple season right now, we are baking apple themed desserts practically all the time and our whole house smells like bakery now. If you also love apple desserts, but don’t know what to make besides apple pie, you have to give these bars a try. We are baking them all the time, since our whole family really loves them and they are just so practical to take on the go and enjoy as a snack at work or in school. They are just the perfect size and they are very filling.
We made these bars using one of our favourite recipes – blueberry crumble bars and just switched blueberries with apples and added some cinnamon for a rich and delicious taste.
These bars are made without any flour, oil and sugar, so you can eat them without any guilt!
Even though it looks like there are three completely different layers, the bottom and top are actually the same. The only difference is that for the crust you have to press dough well with your hands or spoon on the bottom of the pan and for the crumble on top you have to sprinkle the rest on top of apples.
The main ingredients of the dough are oats and almond meal. If you don’t eat gluten, you can simply use gluten free oats instead of regular and make yourself a delicious gluten free dessert! Thanks to almond butter and maple syrup the dough sticks together and doesn’t fall apart. You can also switch almond butter with peanut butter because both work the same, the only difference is taste, that is a little more intense with peanut butter, but it goes great with apples. You can also use date syrup instead of maple syrup, because they are both really sticky, while agave syrup isn’t as sticky, so we don’t recommend it for this recipe.
If you are lacking ideas for apple desserts, we got you covered. You can find delicious recipes down below:
- apple pie,
- vegan apple & cinnamon donuts baked in oven,
- vegan baked rice pudding and
- baked millet with apples.
Vegan apple crumble bars with cinnamon
- 100 g rolled oats
- 50 g oat flour
- 50 g almond meal
- 40 g almond butter
- 40 g maple syrup
- 50 ml almond milk or any other plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 175 g thin apple slices around 2 apples
- Mix rolled oats, cinnamon, oat flour and almond meal.
- Add maple syrup, almond butter and almond milk and miz it well together to get a nice sticky dough.
- Put a bit more than half of it in a pan and push it down with your hands so it sticks together.
- Put sliced apples on top and crumble the rest of dough on top with your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 180°C.
- When it's baked, let it cool down, then cut into 6 pieces and store in fridge.