Soft and delicious apple donuts covered with sugary cinnamon are a perfect fall dessert. The combination of apple and cinnamon is just irresistable this time of year!
Apples in donuts make them really soft and tender, and cinnamon adds a perfect fall flavour, that fills the whole house with a nice cozy aroma. Donuts are a perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and they also made a perfect breakfast in a cold fall morning. They are made without any oil and refined sugar, so you can enjoy them guilt free! They are also baked in oven – not fryed, which makes them way healthier. You need a donut pan to make them, but if you don’t have one we’ve got you covered too. You can use the same recipe and pour the batter in muffin mold or a regular cake pan.
You won’t believe how simple they are to prepare! All you need to do is mix all of the ingredients together, pour batter in the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Then you can play around with decoration, our absolute favourite part of baking. This time we went for a very simple but extremely delicious combo – cinnamon, coconut sugar and tahini. You have to try it!
Fall is a perfect time to bake some delicious apple desserts, because it’s apple season and there are so many that need to be used. Baking lights up even the most rainy and dull days. One of our favourite apple dessert next to these donuts is definitely apple pie! There’s just no fall without a fresh homemade apple pie. We picked up so many apples from our apple trees, so we’ll bake a lot of apple desserts this fall. We also made our own 100% apple juice and apple cider vinegar which will be perfect in winter to boost up our immune system.
Other donuts recipes
We love all kinds of donuts, so we have quite some delicious recipes that we use, some of them are:
- chocolate vanilla donuts baked in an air fryer,
- donuts with jam baked in oven,
- Berliner donuts and
- pumpkin spiced donuts baked in oven.
Make sure to check them out!
Vegan apple & cinnamon donuts baked in oven
- Donut pan
- 100 g half white flour
- 100 g spelt flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 40 g almond meal
- 125 g apples around 1 apple
- 235 ml almond milk or other plant based milk
- 15 g almond butter
- 30 g agave syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 20 g coconut sugar you can also use white or brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 g date syrup you can also use agave or maple syrup
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and almond meal.
- Add almond milk, shredded apple, almond butter and agave syrup.
- Mix everything together.
- Grease baking pan with coconut oil and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180°C.
- When it's baked remove from pan and let them cool down.
- Glaze each donut with syrup and dip them in a mixture of coconut sugar and cinnamon.