Donuts baked in oven are a great alternative to regular donuts fried in oil.
These baked donuts are so amazing! They are really soft, tender and delicious and strawberry jam makes them taste heavenly. What more could you want! The main difference is that they are crunchy on the outside. We like to make baked ones because we can eat lots of them without any guilt.
We also have a recipe for fried donuts, if you want to check them out.
We always use jam with low amount of sugar so it can be a bit runny and go a bit out of the donuts, but there’s still plenty left inside. If you want to avoid that you can use jam with more sugar. Instead of jam you can also use chocolate or vanilla cream, or any other filling. If you love vanilla cream and chocolate, make sure to check out our chocolate vanilla donuts that are baked in an air fryer! And you can also use the cream recipe for these oven baked donuts.
Oven baked donuts
- 40 g fresh yeast (or around 15 g dry yeast)
- 700 g flour
- 400 ml rice milk
- 25 g coconut oil
- 25 g coconut sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 strawberry jam or any other jam you like
- First prepare yeast: mix fresh yeast(you can also use dry yeast and skip this step), 6 spoons of warm water, 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, put it in a warm place and let it rise.
- Put flour in a bowl and add salt on the outer circle.
- In the middle put prepared yeast, coconut sugar, coconut oil and rice milk.
- Mix it together until you get a soft dough. (You can add milk if it's too dry or flour if it's too sticky).
- Cover it and let it rest in a warm place for around 30 minutes.
- Separate dough into around 14 equal parts.
- Form each piece of dough into a circle, put jam in the middle, close it and shape into a ball and put on a pan.
- Let the donuts rise for another 15 minutes.
- Then bake them on 180°C for around 30 minutes.