This cherry pie is healthy and delicious snack, that will amaze you once you try it out.
It is incredibly simple to prepare, you don’t even need to turn on the oven! All it takes is a good blender and some cooking. This tart is our go to dessert in spring and summer, when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
It’s also on the healthier side of treats, since it’s made without refined sugar and without any oil. You can also makes it gluten free, just use gluten free oats in crust and that’s all.
This pie has 3 amazing layers: crust, cherry cream and coconut cream.
Crust is made from only 4 healthy ingredients:
- almonds and
Cherry cream is made from lots of cherries that make this tart really juicy and give sourly taste to it. The main ingredients of the light pink cream is coconut cream and some fruit powders, that make it prettier and healthier. All these layers make it really tasty, full of flavour and so pretty.
Decoration is the best part of this tart. We topped it with frozen raspberries, matcha chocolate, puffed quinoa, cacao nibs and some pretty flowers.
We also made a video of us making this tart.
- 80 g dates
- 80 g raisins
- 100 g almond flour
- 50 g oat flour
- 180 g cherries
- 50 ml water
- 8 g corn starch
- 5 g coconut sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk from a can
- 10 g agave syrup
- 18 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 g corn starch
- 10 ml water
- 6 g agar agar
- 2 tablespoons @theorganiclab.eupink pitaya powder
- 1 tablespoon @theorganiclab.eubeetroot powder
- Blend soaked dates and raisins.
- Add oats and almonds and blend until it sticks together.
- Press it into a pan.
- Add cherries and 35 ml water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it’s boiling mix in corn starch previously mixed with 15 ml water and coconut sugar.
- Pour hot cherry cream on the base.
- Put coconut milk, agave syrup, maple syrup and vanilla essence in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it's boiling mix in corn starch (mixed with water), pink pitaya and beetroot powder and agar agar and cook for a bit.
- Pour hot cream on top of cherry cream.
- Let it cool down.