Mango tart is a delicious and wonderful summer dessert that will completely enchant you with its appearance and refreshing taste.
Just looking at this tropical dessert of beautiful vibrant colors will make you drool! Mango tart is the perfect summer dessert, as it tastes very refreshing and it will make you feel like you’re in a tropical paradise. Light and refreshing mango filling and tender crust are a perfect combination for hot days. However, you can enjoy it completely without any guilt as it is very healthy and does not contain any oil or sugar. A gluten-free version can also be made, you can just replace oat flour with gluten-free oat flour.
It is excellent as a dessert or snack, but you can also treat yourself to it for breakfast, so it fills you with energy first thing in the morning, as it contains only healthy and whole ingredients.
All you need to make this exceptionally divine tart are just 7 ingredients (for both the crust and filling!). These are:
- oat flour, which you can make at home or buy in a store,
- almond meal,
- almond butter, which perfectly complements almond meal and gives the crust exceptional juiciness and wonderful taste,
- maple syrup for just the right amount of sweetness,
- mango, for beautiful color and summer flavour and
- agar agar, which creates a smooth, jelly like texture and is a great vegan alternative to gelatine. It is made from algae and is odorless and tasteless, but plays an important role in turning cream from a liquid into a silky and smooth cream.
This tart is incredibly easy to make and it won’t take you much time to make.
For the crust, just mix the oat flour and almond meal. Add almond butter, maple syrup and water and mix until you get a nice dough. Roll out the dough between two layers of baking paper into a circle and place in a tart pan (diameter 18 cm) so that it covers both the bottom and edges of the pan.
Cream is made by blending mango into a smooth cream, pouring it into a pot, adding agar agar, stirring and bringing to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, stir several times in between. Pour cream into the crust and let it rest for at least 2 hours to harden. Remove from the pan and decorate as desired. We decorated it with edible flowers, fresh strawberries, chopped almonds and quinoa puffs.
If you love light, summer desserts, made without an oven, make sure to also check out recipes for vegan panna cotta slices , vanilla strawberry tart, blackberry tart and cherry tart.
Healthy vegan no-bake mango tart
- 80 g almond meal
- 20 g almond butter
- 30 g maple syrup
- 70 g oat flour
- 10 ml water
- 450 g mango
- 10 g agar agar
- Mix oat flour, ground almonds, almond butter, maple syrup and water and until you get a dough.
- Roll the dough into a circle between two layers of baking paper and place in a pie tin (18 cm in diameter) and cover the bottom and edges of the baking tin.
- Peel mango, cut it and blend it into a cream.
- Put in a pot, add agar agar, stir and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stir several times in between.
- Pour the cream into the crust and leave for at least 2 hours to harden.
- Remove from the pan, decorate, slice and serve.
- Store in the fridge.
This tart looks so bright and beautiful! ?Thanks for sharing ????
Wow! My omni husband LOVES mango so I can’t wait to make this pie for him!