Insanely delicious and wonderful strawberry tart is the perfect spring dessert that will impress you with its taste and appearance.
This tart consists of three extremely tasty layers, which complement each other perfectly and form a wonderful harmony of flavours. Creamy and soft vanilla cream, strawberries in the middle and a crust made with roasted almonds will leave you speachless. One piece will definitely not be enough, but you can eat two or three pieces without any guilt, because this dessert is very healthy, doesn’t contain any oil, flour or refined sugar.
Although this tart has three layers and might seem like it is difficult to prepare, this is not the case at all, you don’t even need to turn on the oven when making it. You only need to mix ingredients for the crust and cook both creams.
Ingredients and preparation
You only need three ingredients for the crust:
- oat flour and
- ground roasted almonds.
It is good to soak dates in water. We usually soak them in lukewarm water overnight so they blend more easily. However, if you don’t have that much time, you can also soften them by soaking them in hot water for at least half an hour.
Oats are a constant in our kitchen, we use them when making desserts, in smoothies, for our favorite breakfast – baked oatmeal and more.
Only three ingredients are needed to make a delicious strawberry cream:
- maple syrup and
- corn starch
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and cook them in a pot with some maple syrup. When it’s boiling add corn starch so it thickens a bit. Pour everything on the crust and let it harden a bit.
Vanilla cream is made from five ingredients :
- almond milk,
- vanilla extract,
- maple syrup,
- agar agar and
- corn starch
The cream is very easy to prepare, you just have to cook all of the ingredients except the corn starch, and when it’s boiling just add the corn starch and cook for a few more minutes. Pour the cream over a layer of strawberries and let it cool and harden.
Healthy vegan no-bake strawberry-vanilla tart
- 100 g dates weighed before soaking
- 75 g oat flour
- 20 g roasted almond meal
- 200 g strawberries fresh or frozen
- 15 g maple syrup
- 10 g corn starch + 40 ml water
- 400 ml almond milk
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 30 g maple syrup
- 6 g agar agar
- 10 g corn starch + 20 ml almond milk
- Soak dates in lukewarm water overnight or for at least a few hours to soften.
- Rinse the dates, pour away the excess water and mix them into a smooth cream with a stick mixer.
- Add oat flour and ground roasted almonds and mix well to get a compact mixture.
- Place the dough in a small pan (diameter 21 cm) and spread it over the bottom and edges with your hands.
- Put strawberries and maple syrup in a pot and heat them over medium heat to soften.
- Then lower the temperature and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, mix in a mixture of corn starch and water and stir constantly.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and stir several times in between.
- Pour the strawberries on the crust and let it harden.
- Put almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and agar agar in a pot. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, pour in the mixture of corn starch and almond milk and stir so there are no lumps.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then pour over a layer of strawberries.
- Allow everything to cool and harden.
- Cut into slices and store in fridge.