Refreshing and healthy raw lemon cake, that is really easy to make!
If you are a fan of healthy desserts that are easy to make, you will love this cake! It is made with just a few basic ingredients, but the flavour is simply amazing. Lemon adds a nice soft flavour and makes the cake really refreshing. And cashews make it so creamy, that it just melts in your mouth.
This cake is raw, sugar free, gluten free and vegan!
We love making raw dessert, because they are really easy to prepare, take so little time to make and are really delicious! All you need to make them is a good blender and you’re good to go, you don’t even need to turn on the oven!
We usually soak all of the nuts and dates overnight before making raw desserts, because it makes them soft and they blend easier and get creamier.
The best way to get cake to set is to keep it in the fridge. Once you make a cream it’s really liquid but because of coconut oil that we use in the cream it hardens in the fridge and gives a cake delicious creamy texture. You can keep cake in the fridge for a few days and it will be as good as freshly made.
If you love strawberries, check out our raw strawberry cake!
Here is a short video, so you can see exactly how it’s made!
Raw lemon cake
- 80 g hazelnut meal
- 80 g almond meal
- 100 g walnut meal
- 155 g pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 200 g cashews
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 120 ml coconut oil
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 30 ml agave nectar
- Separately soak cashews and dates in cold water overnight and drain and rinse before you start making cake. You can also soak it for half an hour in boiling water.
- Blend dates into a smooth paste, add all nut meals and coconut oil and blend it together until you get a sticky paste.
- Press the crust paste in the pan and put it in the fridge.
- Blend soaked and rinsed cashews. Add all of the other ingredients for the cream and blend until it becomes smooth.
- Pour it on the crust and let it rest in fridge overnight. Decorate and enjoy!!
Delicious and easy to make ?