Healthy bars made without flour and oil with an exceptional tahini and cinnamon flavour are a great snack.
If you haven’t tried the tahini and cinnamon combination yet, you should definitely try these bars and you will be amazed by the harmony of flavours! We simply adore this combination and use it for cookies, as a spread on bread, in oatmeal … We discovered it during our trip around Cyprus, where we tried their traditional tahini pie with cinnamon, which really impressed us, so we indulged in it every day. Since then, this combination has been one of our favorites and is a constant in our dishes, we also want to try recreate the pie that we ate in Cyprus.
Delicious tahini-cinnamon bars are very soft and juicy and have some nice crunchy chocolate with tahini on top for the perfect taste. You can enjoy bars without any guilt, as they are very healthy and do not contain flour, oil and refined sugar, the main ingredient is oatmeal, which can be easily replaced with gluten-free if you do not enjoy gluten .
Bars are the perfect snack between meals as they are full of fiber and healthy fats that will saturate you well between meals. In addition, they are very practical for on the go and you can take them with you to work, hike or anywhere else.
You only need 7 ingredients to make delicious cinnamon-tahini bars:
- oatmeal flour – you can grind oats yourself in a coffee grinder or smoothie blender,
- salt – really brings out the flavours,
- tahini – together with cinnamon creates a wonderful taste, and also makes the slices soft and juicy,
- vanilla extract,
- agave syrup,
- almond milk (sugar free) – you can also use any other plantbased milk.
If you want, you can cover the bars with dark vegan chocolate and create beautiful patterns with some tahini, making them even more inviting.
The preparation is very easy and does not take much time.
- First mix all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to dry and mix everything well and let rest for 10-15 minutes for oats to soak and the mixture will thicken.
- Place the mixture in a small baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Melt the chocolate over a steamer and pour it over the base. If desired, add a little more tahini to the chocolate and create patterns with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool and harden, then cut into cubes and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Healthy cinnamon bars with tahini
- 250 g oat flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 60 g tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 g agave syrup
- 3 dl almond milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 8 g tahini
- In a bowl, mix oat flour, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix tahini, vanilla extract, agave syrup and almond milk.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry one and mix everything well and let it stand for 10-15 minutes for the oats to soak.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan covered with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Melt chocolate over a steam and pour it over the base.
- If desired, add some tahini to the chocolate and create patterns with a toothpick.
- Allow to cool and harden, then cut into cubes.
- Store in the refrigerator.