A combination of delicious pie crust, juicy raspberry filling and cheesecake cream on top creates an amazing dessert, perfect for hot summer days!
If you love raspberries, you have to try these triple layered sweet-sour bars. We love making them in the summer, because raspberries and lemon cheesecake cream on top make it very refreshing, so it is a perfect summer treat. And it’s a great way to use all fresh raspberries from the garden. The pie has 3 delicious layers: pie crust on the bottom, sweet raspberry cream in the middle and refreshing cheesecake cream on top. All of the layers complement each other and create a perfect dessert.
Amazing pie crust that just melts in your mouth is the base of these bars. It is pretty low in fat, since it only contains a bit of coconut oil and other ingredients are: soya yoghurt, flour (we usually use half-white flour, because it is a bit healthier, but you can also use other kinds), cold water, maple syrup, baking powder and a pinch of salt. This is all you need to make this perfect crust! And you can also use this recipe to make all other kinds of pies.
- After you prepare the dough, put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, so that coconut oil hardens a bit and you can easily form the dough.
- After you put dough in a pan, make some holes in it with a fork.
- Bake crust on its own for around 10 minutes first and only then add both creams. This way it will rise easier and the juice from raspberries won’t absorb into crust and you will get a very nice crust.
Raspberry filling is incredibly simple to make, you only need three ingredients: raspberries, maple syrup and corn starch. Event hough it’s made with so few ingredients, it tastes amazing, because raspberries are already very delicious on their own. And maple syrup makes them a bit sweeter and corn starch is there to make the filling nicely thick.
Cheesecake cream rounds up the whole dessert and makes it even more refreshing. We love these cream because it tastes amazing and is also super simple to make. It tastes like a cheesecake but is made with tofu, soy yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract, corn starch and a bit of lemon juice. We use similar recipes to make cheesecake pies (cherry cheesecake or regular cheesecake) and even braided sweet bread.
Vegan raspberry cheesecake bars
- 250 g half white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 g coconut oil
- 10 g maple syrup
- 90 ml cold water
- 40 g soya yoghurt
- a pinch of salt
- 400 g raspberries
- 20 g corn starch
- 20 g maple syrup
- 250 g tofu
- 175 g soya yoghurt
- 40 g maple syrup
- 10 ml lemon juice juice of 1/2 of lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 g corn starch
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, soya yoghurt and mix it a bit.
- Then add cold water and mix and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Cover it and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Then roll it out, put in a pan and make a few holes with a fork.
- Bake the crust on 180°C for around 10 minut and after that add other two layers.
- Put raspberries and maple syrup in a pan and slowly bring to a boil. Stir from time to time so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When it starts boiling, add corn starch mixed with a little bit of water and stir all the time, so there won't be any lumps.
- Cook for around 5 minutes and stir a few times.
- Then pour it on previously baked crust and spread evenly.
- For cheesecake cream put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth cream.
- Carefully spread it on top of raspberry cream and bake it for 45 minutes on 180°C.
- Let it cool down and then cut into bars. If you want, you can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.