Braided sweet bread with heavenly delicious filling for a perfect breakfast.
This bread is super moist, fluffy and has amazing filling. We usually enjoy it while it’s still a bit warm with a cup of coffee or cocoa.
The filling is made with tofu and tarragon, which gives the bread refreshing touch. If you are not a tarragon lover, or you can’t get your hands on it, you can just skip it and it will still taste amazing! It would also taste great if you substitute it with raisins or dried cranberries (soaked in rum or juice).
If you’re intimidated by braiding the bread, don’t be! It’s really easy and less complicated than it looks. Down below you’ll find a video tuturial showing how to braid it. This recipe is for two breads, because one won’t be enough once you taste it! It’s refreshing, super tasty, moist and really fluffy. All this in just one bread, sounds so good, right?! And it also looks really beautiful. We’re sure you’ll impress everyone with this bread.
We love making different kinds of yeast dough recipes. They are great for desserts, breakfast or even dinner (you can also make savoury ones). The dough is so easy and quick to prepare and it comes out perfect every time. I’m sure it will become your new favourite. If you have a sweet tooth like we do, you should definitely check out our other yeast dough recipes. The dough recipe is the same as this one, but the fillings and shapes are different.
- Walnut roll-potica: it’s traditional Slovenian dessert, that we bake for Easter.
- Cinnamon rolls: you can’t get wrong with some of these, right?!
- Carob rolls: these are our all time favourite.
Watch the video to see just how fluffy the bread is and how to braid it!
Tarragon sweet bread
- 40 g fresh yeast or 9g dry yeast
- 600 g flour
- 340 ml rice milk
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 25 g coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 500 g tofu
- 250 ml soy yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Prepared yeast is made from
- 42 g fresh yeast
- 6 tbsp warm water (not hot)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- For prepared yeast mix all ingredients (yeast, water, flour, sugar) together and put it on a warm place until it raises.
- Put flour in a bowl and add salt on the outer circle.
- Put prepared yeast (or dry yeast), coconut sugar, coconut oil and rice milk in the middle and mix it together until you get a soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend tofu, add all of the remaining ingredients and mix it well together.
- Roll half of the dough out into a square.
- Cover with half of the tofu mixture and sprinkle with half of chopped terragon. Roll it as shown in the video.
- Bake for 40 minutes on 180C(350F).