During this holiday season, make your apartment smell like apples and cinnamon, a classic December combination!
Soft and fluffy rolls will take you by surprise with a combination of fluffy yeast dough and juicy apple-cinnamon filling, which creates a festive taste and floods your apartment with a wonderful aroma. You should definitely include them in your holiday baking, as they are perfect for breakfast or snack, especially with a cup of hot coffee or cocoa, and they are also great to take on the go, to work or school. They are best drizzled with a blend of plant-based yogurt and a plant-based drink that creates a wonderful pattern and adds a nice slightly sour flavour. If you prefer sweeter food, you can make a mixture of powdered sugar and water instead and drizzle it over the rolls.
Ingredients and procedure
These delicious and soft rolls are made with just 11 simple ingredients.
For the dough you need:
- dry yeast,
- coconut sugar,
- plant based drink and
- coconut oil.
We love fluffy yeast pastries as they are really soft, tasty and also easy to prepare. You just have to put all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add a warm plantbased drink and coconut oil and knead into dough. Then let it rest in a warm place for at least 45 minutes.
For the filling you will need:
- maple syrup,
- coconut sugar and
Filling is definitely the best part of these rolls! It tastes and smells absolutely amazing. First, cut the apples into very small cubes and put them in a pot along with maple syrup, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook until soft, then leave them at room temperature to allow them to cool down. Prepare a mixture of cinnamon and coconut sugar.
Roll out dough into a rectangle, sprinkle mixture of cinnamon and coconut sugar over the whole surface and add apples on top. Roll the dough and cut it into around 12 parts and bake for 20 minutes. When the rolls are baked, drizzle a mixture of yoghurt and plant based milk and enjoy these divine rolls while still warm.
If you love apple desserts, you have to also check out our recipes for:
Vegan apple rolls
- 500 g flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- pinch of salt
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 260 ml plant-based drink
- 30 g coconut oil
- 5 apples 700 g peeled and sliced
- 15 g maple syrup
- 50 ml water
- juice of half a lemon
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Add lukewarm plant based drink and melted coconut oil.
- Mix and knead for a few minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for at least 45 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut them into very small cubes.
- Put them in a pot along with maple syrup, water and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook until they soften.
- Once cooked, remove the lid and cook for a few more minutes to let the excess water evaporate. Then let them cool down.
- In a small cup, mix coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the entire surface of the dough.
- Then spread the apples over the whole dough.
- Roll it and cut into about 12 pieces.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
- When they are baked, drizzle a mixture of plant based yoghurt and plant based drink over them if desired.