Sugar dusted cookies with delicious jam filling are the perfect Christmas treat!
These cookies are an absolute must for Christmas season! We make them every year around Christmas, since we can remember. They are really simple, but so delicious with some jam in the middle and dusted with powdered sugar.
We filled them with cherry jam, but you can use any kind of jam you like, apricot and blueberry jam also tastes really good. They are so great to enjoy on a winter evening with a big cup of tea and some nice company.
You only need 6 ingredients to make these scrumptious cookies:
- almond flour,
- vegan margarine,
- coconut sugar,
- vanilla sugar and
- cold water.
Simple ingredients but the end product is just amazing. They are tender, perfectly crumbly and filled with delicious jam.
We also made a video recipe so you can watch how to make this yummy cookies.
- 150 g flour
- 50 g almond flour
- 50 g margarine
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 40 ml cold water
- In a bowl stir together flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add room temperature margarine, slowly add water and mix until combined.
- Form mixture into a ball, wrap it into plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough with rolling pin. Then use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes.
- You can re-roll the dough as needed to cut out more.
- Transfer the dough shapes to a parchment covered baking pan and cut small circles or other shapes into the center of half of the cookies.
- Bake on 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfert them to a wire rack.
- Dust cookies with holes with powdered sugar.
- Spread jam over cookies without holes and cover with the ones with holes.
- Store in an airtight container.