Absolutely stunning chocolate cookies with perfect carob cream in the middle and tahini drizzle on top!
Delicious vegan cookie that just melts in your mouth is all you need! The base is very chocolaty with some chopped walnuts that add a bit of crunchines to the cookies and tthe best part is cream in the middle, that is made with dates and carob.
Carob is a great ingredient for desserts, because it is naturally very sweet so you don’t have to add tons of sugar and at the same time it has a very amazing and rich taste. It is also really healthy and has a lot of vitamins and minerals. We love carob and one of our favorite carob recipes next to this ones are carob rolls.
These cookies have a nice smooth carob cream in the middle and are drizzled with tahini, but you can also drizzle them with some nut butter or not at all, since they are really good on their own. They are perfect to enjoy as a little snack with some hot cocoa!
- 120 g flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- 80 g margarine
- 10 g cacao powder
- chopped walnuts you can use almonds or hazelnuts instead
- 150 g dates
- 55 ml rice milk
- 40 g carob powder
- 15 g agave syrup
- 5 g coconut oil
- Mix margarine and sugar into a cream.
- Add flour and cacao powder and mix well.
- Form into balls, roll them in walnuts and press them down wiith a spoon or finger.
- Bake on 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Soak dates in water for a few hours and mix them into a cream.
- Add agave syrup, coconut oil and carob and mix well.
- Add milk as needed.
- Add cream in a hole on baked cookies and drizzle them with tahini or nut butter.