In these summer days, when it’s too hot to even think about turning on the oven, treat yourself to these delicious no-bake hazelnut bars!
This delicious snack is made in just half an hour and all you need are just 5 ingredients ! All ingredients are extremely healthy and nutritious, so they will satiate you well and provide a huge amount of vitamins and minerals to your body. Bars also do not contain oil and sugar and it’s also possible to make a gluten-free version by simply replacing oats with gluten-free ones. They are great as a dessert or a healthy snack, and they are also perfect for on the go or as an after-workout snack.
Sugar and fat substitute
Instead of sugar and oil, these bars contain dates and hazelnut butter. Dates provide just the right amount of sweetness, as they are naturally very sweet, and they also act as a binder that holds the ingredients together. Hazelnut butter is a great source of healthy fats and has an exceptional taste, which is quite similar to nutella, but of course it is way healthier as it is made from 100 percent roasted hazelnuts.
5 ingredients and 4 divine layers
The bars consist of 4 divine layers, which complement each other wonderfully and create an exceptional harmony of flavours. A combination of brittle base, soft hazelnut cream , hazelnut butter and crunchy chocolate is simply impossible to resist! You won’t be able to only eat one piece!
You only need 5 ingredients to make this delicious snack:
- dry dates – it is best to use soft ones, because they are the most creamy and make the most excellent cream that tastes like caramel,
- oat flour,
- roasted hazelnuts, it is also possible to use regular hazelnuts, but in this case the taste will not be exactly the same,
- hazelnut butter, which perfectly complements roasted hazelnuts and gives the cream exceptional juiciness,
- chocolate – a thin chocolate crust adds crunchiness and a wonderful taste to the bars, which is great in combination with roasted hazelnuts.
If you don’t want to turn on the oven, we have even more recipes for delicious desserts made without baking! Click here and check out more no-bake desserts.
Vegan no-bake hazelnut bars
- 100 g dates
- 50 g roasted hazelnuts
- 110 g oatmeal
- 50 g hazelnut butter
- 100 g dates
- 20 g hazelnut butter
- 40 g dark chocolate
- Soak dates in lukewarm water for at least 1 hour to soften. (If they are very dry, they can be soaked overnight.)
- Rinse the soaked dates, drain off the excess water and blend them into a smooth cream with an electric or stick mixer.
- Prepare the base by mixing half of the mixed dates, ground roasted hazelnuts and ground oatmeal together.
- Roll it out between two layers of baking paper into a square measuring approximately 16 cm x 16 cm.
- Prepare the cream by mixing the rest of blended dates with 40 g of hazelnut butter and spread it on the base.
- Pour 20 g of hazelnut butter on top and place in the freeze for at least half an hour.
- Then pour melted chocolate on top, place it in the fridge and let it harden.
- Cut into 9 pieces and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.