These cute mini rolls are a great and delicious snack, perfect for the holiday season.
Soft, juicy and fluffy rolls are an amazing little snack. The taste of hazelnuts is incredible and you won’t be able to resist them! The outer part of the filling becomes nicely crispy while baking. Mini rolls are also very practical, as they are just the right size and don’t need to be cut, you can just take one and eat it. The only problem is that it is impossible to stop eating them and before you know it, they’ll be gone! With a wonderful spiral and sprinkled with some powdered sugar, they brighten up the festive table.
Rolls are quite simple to make and anyone can make them! Just follow the next steps and you will definitely succeed!
- First you need to knead the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place for at least half an hour, but it can take a little longer to become really light and fluffy.
- While the dough rises, prepare the hazelnut filling, which is made from only 3 ingredients – hazelnuts, plant-based milk and coconut sugar.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into 2 parts and prepare each one following the same procedure.
- Roll out the dough into a long and narrow rectangle and coat it with half of the hazelnut filling and roll it.
- Stretch the roll a little more with your hands to make it even longer and thiner. Then cut into small circles. The most beautiful shape is created by using a sewing thread for cutting, by placing it under a roll, weaving it at the top and pulling it hard, thus cutting a beautiful circle.
- Place rolls on a baking sheet, cover and let them rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 ° C.
- When they are baked, sprinkle them with powdered sugar or erythritol powder.
Store them in a closed container, where they remain soft and tasty for up to 4 days, but you can also freeze them if you want.
If you love these rolls, you should definitely also check out our recipes for sweet cinnamon rolls and blueberry rolls.
Mini vegan hazelnut rolls
- 500 g semi-white flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 25 g coconut oil
- 260 g almond milk
- 350 g ground hazelnuts
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 180 ml almond milk
- In a bowl, mix flour, yeast, salt and coconut sugar.
- Add melted coconut oil and luke warm (not hot) plant based milk.
- Slowly mix ingredients with a wooden spatula from the middle outwards, then knead well with your hands to get a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix ground hazelnuts and coconut sugar and pour over boiling almond milk and mix well together.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into two equal parts for easier preparation.
- Roll out half of the dough into a long rectangle on kitchen cloth covered with some flour.
- Coat dough with half of the hazelnut filling and roll.
- Stretch the roll a little more and then cut it with a sharp knife (or sewing thread) so that you get about 25 small rolls.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other half of the dough.
- Cover the rolls on a baking sheet with a kitchen cloth and leave them to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Keep rolls in a closed container, so they stay soft and fluffy. You can also freeze them, if you want.