Say hello to the best cinnamon rolls you’ll ever make!
Who doesn’t love some fluffy cinnamon rolls! They are perfect for a weekend breakfast or as a snack, you decide! They are pretty low in sugar (for cinnamon rolls) and still taste amazing.
These delicious rolls are vegan, reffined sugar free and approved by every member of our family! We invited them over for breakfast and everybody was really impressed by these cinnamon rolls. I think this speaks for itself.
They are the best right from the oven, when they are still hot and really soft. We like to drizzle them with some powdered sugar mixed with water. It makes a big difference. Our favourite way to enjoy them is with a big cup of hot cinnamon cocoa. It is a really perfect combo!
You can also freeze them, and then warm them in a pan or microwave and they are as good as freshly baked.
Recipe for the dough is really great for all yeast dough desserts and also really simple to make. It’s made with:
- flour: we usually use half white flour
- dry or fresh yeast: fresh yeast needs a little more time to prepare. You have to mix it with water, flour and sugar and let it rest so it can rise.
- plant based milk: you can use your prefered milk (we usually use rice milk)
- sweetener: we like coconut sugar, but you can also use white or brown sugar
- oil: we like to bake with coconut oil or cacao butter, but you can switch it up for your prefered oil
If you want to try them too, check out the recipe and watch our video recipe!
Vegan cinnamon rolls
- 600 g flour
- 40 g fresh yeast
- 340 ml rice milk
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 25 g cacao butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 g coconut sugar
- 12 g cinnamon
- 15 g cocoa butter
- 40 g tahini
- Prepare yeast - mix fresh yeast with 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and a little bit of water and let it rise for around 15 minutes.
- Put flour in a bowl and put salt on an outer circle.
- Add prepared yeast (or dry yeast) in the middle of flour.
- Add all of the other ingredients and mix it well together.
- Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Add tahini and cocoa butter and mix it together.
- Roll out the dough.
- Cover it with cinnamon filling and roll it.
- Cut into around 15 rolls and put them on a pan.
- Bake them on 180°C (350°F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cover with a mixture of powdered sugar and water.