Apple pie is such a classic and delicious dessert!
Apple pie is one of those classic desserts, that you can never get bored with. You just can’t say no to a delicious piece of juicy pie. Apple pie is really simple to make and it makes the whole house smell so heavenly while baking. You can eat it alone or serve it with vegan ice cream or whipped cream on the side.
It is perfect for a dessert or even for breakfast. It is made with really simple ingredients and is low amount of sugar and tastes so good that is gone in seconds!
This is our favourite recipe with a homemade pie crust that never fails. This shortcrust is really tasty and so perfect for all kinds of pie. In combination with lots of apple filling it creates a perfect dessert.
We always add walnut meal to an apple filling and it is a game changer! It gives the filling such a great, rich taste and perfect texture to the pie, because it absorbs some apple juice while baking, you’re going to love this filling! If you are not a big fan of walnuts you can also try it with almonds, hazelnuts or even breadcrumbs.
If you’re I pie lover like we are, we have many others pie recipes for you! This are some of our favourites:
We also made video recipe of us making a pie that you can check out.
Vegan apple pie
- 270 g all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 80 g vegan margarine
- 60 ml water
- 4 apples
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g walnut meal
- 20 g coconut sugar
- Mix all of the ingredients for the crust and let it rest in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile grate the apples, add lemon, cinnamon, walnuts and coconut sugar and mix it together.
- Roll out around 2/3 of dough, put it in a pan and top with apples.
- Roll out the rest of dough and make stripes.
- Put them on a pie and brush with some maple syrup.
- Bake it for around 50 minutes on 180 C(350F).