These delicious cookies will impress you with their tempting look and intense hazelnut flavour.
In December, baking cookies while listening to Christmas songs creates a true festive spirit! We have been baking cookies since the beginning of December, because we keep getting new ideas for different types of delicious cookie recipes. Since we just love the taste of roasted hazelnuts, we created a recipe for heavenly delicious hazelnut cookies that just melt in your mouth this time. They contain roasted hazelnuts in both the filling and the crust. Not only are these cookies extremely tasty, they are also very simple to make as you only need 6 ingredients. To make it even easier to follow the process, you can also watch the entire preparation in the video, which you can found below.
Ingredients and instructions
Hazelnut cookies are prepared very quickly and you only need 6 simple ingredients to make them:
- semi-white flour,
- coconut sugar,
- roasted hazelnut meal,
- coconut oil,
- water and
- vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.
We used the best vegan chocolate hazelnut spread from BAM, which tastes very similar to Nutella. However, if you prefer jam cookies, you can use any jam or cooked fruits instead of chocolate spread.
As we have already mentioned, the process of making cookies is incredibly easy.
- Firstly mix dry ingredients, add wet ones and mix and knead well to get a firm dough, then let it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and cut it out with a cookie cutter. You can use any shape you want to cut out cookies and create different shapes. This time we chose a rather classic model, round with a wavy edge in a smaller version, so the cookies are really cute and just the right size for one sweet bite.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes at 180°C.
Let them cool down a bit, then fill them with hazelnut filling and you can already enjoy some crunchy cookies that just melt in your mouth.
If you love cookies, we have quite a collection of recipes for delicious vegan cookies . And all of our Christmas baking recipes are collected here.
Vegan hazelnut-chocolate cookies
- 200 g semi-white flour
- 40 g coconut sugar
- 100 g roasted hazelnut meal
- 30 g melted coconut oil
- 75 ml cold water
- Vegan chocolate hazelnut spread or marmalade for the filling
- Mix flour, coconut sugar and hazelnut meal.
- Add softened coconut oil and water and mix well and knead.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Then roll it out and cut out circles or some other shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Once baked, let them cool down a bit, then coat half of the cookies with a bit of hazelnut spread and cover with the remaining cookies.