Healthy and delicious fruit bread, filled with lots of delicious dry fruits an nuts, that is a perfect Christmas treat.
We were inspired by our grandma for this fruit bread, because she always bakes fruit bread around the Christmas. This year we made our own vegan version and it turned out really good. It’s so rich in flavour and really nutritious because of all these fruits and nuts, and with a little bit of spices they make the best cozy taste!
One slice of this bread and you are good for a while, because it’s really filling, because of all the dry fruits and nuts. But you don’t have to worry, because it’s packed with nutrients, vitamins and good fats that your body needs. You don’t have to add a lot of sugar to it, just some syrup, because of all the dried fruits, that are naturally very sweet. It is also oil free!
If you don’t like some of these fruit or nuts you can change them up or skip some of them. You can also add some chocolate chips in it. There are so many options, I’m sure you will find the one you like the most.
- 400 g flour
- 410 ml rice milk
- 110 g dried cranberries
- 120 g raisins
- 80 g dried figs (chopped)
- 80 g dried apricots (chopped)
- 70 g nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 60 g agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chopp apricots, figs and nuts.
- Mix together cranberries, raisins, figs, apricots and nuts.
- Sift flour and add in mixed nuts, fruits and spices.
- Mix all together and add rice milk and agave syrup and mix again.
- Cover it and let it rest on room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
- Then grease pan or cover it with baking paper and pour batter in.
- Bake for 70 minutes on 180 °C.
- When it's baked let it cool down a bit and then slice it up.
- Store in an air thight container.