Delicious buckwheat pancakes are a proof that you can make amazing pancakes without flour, eggs and milk!
Pancakes are such an amazing dish, they always feel like a treat, but they can actually be very healthy and made from whole ingredients if you replace the flour with buckwheat groats, oats and use sugar-free plant based drink. We are really excited about these pancakes, which are very delicious and fluffy! This time we served them with raspberry ice cream and topped with raspberry syrup – the combination of flavours was exceptional. But you can also prepare them with chocolate spread, yogurt, jam, etc.
They are a great healthy breakfast or even a dessert that is sure to delight everyone, and the best part is that they are made extremely quickly. All you need to prepare them are 4 ingredients – buckwheat groats, oats, baking powder and any plan-tbased milk. These pancakes can also be made gluten-free, just replace oat flour with gluten-free one. We both love buckwheat, as it is very tasty and healthy, contains a lot of protein, zinc and iron, strengthens the immune system and is also naturally gluten-free.
Ingredients and preparation
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these pancakes! It doesn’t take a lot of time and you only need 4 ingredients:
- oats – you can also use gluten-free oats,
- baking powder and
- almond milk– or your favorite plant based drink.
Soak the buckwheat groats in water overnight, rinse under running water the next day and blend with the remaining ingredients in a blender into a smooth batter. Grease pan with some coconut oil and bake delicious and pretty pancakes.
If you love pancakes, we have even more delicious recipes for you!
Vegan buckwheat pancakes
- 100 g buckwheat groats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 ml almond drink
- 30 g oat flour
- Rinse the buckwheat under running water and place it in a bowl.
- Pour lukewarm water over it and let it soak overnight.
- The next day, rinse it and put it in a blender.
- Add baking powder, almond drink and oatmeal and mix into a smooth batter.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes, meanwhile heat the pan for baking pancakes and grease it with coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into a hot pan in a form of 6 circles.
- Bake for 1 minute on one side, flip and bake for another 30 seconds on the other side.
- Serve with ice cream, jam, chocolate spread or any other toppings.