A quick and tasty strawberry snack made with just five healthy ingredients.
Healthy snacks are a must in our house! They are perfect for in between the meals, so we always have some in the fridge. We like to have healthy, quick snacks that don’t take us long to prepare. We usually make some kind of raw snack with nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, syrup, and sometimes coconut oil.
This time we made delicious strawberry balls, covered with chocolate that contain only 5 ingredients. These strawberry balls are raw, so they don’t need to be baked, all you have to do is blend the ingredients. Strawberry balls are soft and juicy in the middle and covered with crunchy chocolate! They will surely impress you with their taste and texture, as well as with how quick and easy they are to prepare. You have endless possibilities, as you can switch some of the the ingredients and create a completely different flavour, so you will never get tired of them. Instead of strawberries, you can also use some other fruit (raspberries, bananas …), you can switch dark chocolate with vegan white chocolate…
Ingredients and preparation
All you need to make these delicious balls are 5 ingredients:
- cashew nuts,
- agave syrup – you can also use maple or rice syrup,
- coconut oil – this makes the mass harden a little and the balls get just the right texture,
- freeze dried strawberries – you can also use any other lyophilized fruit and
- dark chocolate.
The preparation is very simple and quick, but it is necessary to soak the cashew in lukewarm water overnight to soften and make them easier to blend. However, you can also soak them in hot water for at least half an hour if you forget to soak them overnight. Freeze dried strawberries should be blended into a powder, which is easiest to do in a coffee grinder or blender. Then add all of the other ingredients and mix into a smooth mixture and form balls. Put them in the fridge to harden. When the balls harden, dip them in chocolate and put them in the fridge again.
If you love healthy and quick snacks, check out the other recipes for delicious balls:
- raw apple-cinnamon bliss balls ,
- healthy almond balls,
- healthy chocolate -tahini balls,
- raw strawberry balls,
- chocolate balls with pistachio
Raw strawberry-chocolate balls
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 15 g agave syrup
- 20 g coconut oil
- 12 g freeze dried strawberries
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Soak cashews in lukewarm water overnight.
- Put the freeze dried strawberries in a blender or coffee grinder and blend them into a powder.
- Rinse soaked cashews and add them to the strawberries along with agave syrup and melted coconut oil and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal parts and form balls out of them.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to harden.
- Melt the chocolate, dip them into the chocolate, and place in the fridge to harden.