This soft, chewy and delicious raw balls are a perfect healthy snack that takes no longer than 15 minutes to prepare.
If you love to enjoy healthy snacks, but don’t want to spend to much time or money making them, you came to the right place! We love having some healthy treats in our home at all times, so we can enjoy them whenever we want something sweet, but healthy. And in the summer some simple raw balls or bars are usually or go to treat, because they are very simple to make, don’t take a lot of time and there is no need to use the oven, which is especially great in this summer heat.
These balls are completely sugar, oil and gluten free. All you need to make these wonderful balls are 3 healthy and nutritious ingredients:
- dates – dates are naturally very sweet and soft, so they create a perfect texture for the balls and make them stick together,
- almonds – almonds are very healthy and full of nutrients and healthy fats,
- freeze dried strawberries – these give an amazing strawberry taste to the balls and make them really delicious and super refreshing.
If you haven’t tried freeze dried strawberries yet, we highly recommend you to try them! They are super sweet and taste like candy, but are made out of fresh strawberries without any sugar or other additives. You might think that it is hard to get and very expensive, but that’s not the case, because you can usually find them in child food section of a store for a very good price! We love adding them to our cereal or on top of smoothie bowls.
Raw strawberry balls
- 85 g dates
- 50 g almond meal
- 12 g freeze dried strawberries blend them into a powder
- Soak dates in cold water overnight or in hot water for around 30 minutes, so they get softer and its easier to blend them.
- Blend presoaked dates, add almond meal and 5 g of freeze dried strawberries.
- Blend it all together until you get a nice dough.
- Seperate it into 12 parts and form each one into a ball.
- Put the rest of freeze dried strawberries on a plate and use them to cover the balls with it by rolling them in the powder.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour, so they cool down and get a bit firmer.