Juicy and refreshing cake pops are great for when you want something sweet, because they are just the right size for one sweet bite.
The sweet and sour combination of raspberries and white chocolate is truly amazing and simply impossible to resist. And not only the taste, but also the texture is exceptional, crunchy chocolate on the outside and soft and juicy cake under the chocolate complement each other wonderfully. Cake pops are also very simple to make, but it takes some time, because you have to firstly bake the cake, then form the balls and cover them with chocolate. But it is definitely worth taking the time, because these cake pops are the best snack.
Ingredients and instructions
Cake batter is made with only 8 ingredients and doesn’t contain any oil. Instead of oil we used peanut butter, which is a great source of healthy fats and also adds a nice peanut flavour. Cake batter is also refined sugar free and is only sweetened with coconut sugar and agave syrup. Other ingredients that you will need to make it, are:
- flour (all purpose flour),
- baking powder,
- almond milk (or any other plant based milk),
- vanilla extract and
First, you will need to bake the cake and leave it to cool down completely. Then it’s time to make cake pops! Crumble the batter with your hands into a large bowl, pour almond milk over it and add some agave syrup, then mix with your hands until the whole batter is soaked. Then shape balls by taking a piece of the batter and squeezing it together between the hands so that it sticks together nicely and then roll it to form a ball. Repeat the process until you use up all the dough. When you are done, it’s time to melt white chocolate over the steamer and dip each ball into it. Place chocolate covered balls on a plate covered with foil to make it easier to remove later. Place the balls in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
If you like the cake pops, make sure to check out some similar recipe, including raw and gluten-free snacks:
- raw strawberry balls – made with only 3 ingredients,
- raw apple-cinnamon balls – a wonderful combination of cinnamon and apple flavours,
- healthy almond bliss balls – with a lot of almonds,
- chocolate-pistachio truffles – extremely soft truffles made with sweet potatoes and
- rum-coconut balls – amazing vegan treat with coconut and a hint of rum.
Vegan cake pops with raspberries
- 160 g all purpose flour
- 5 g baking powder
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 10 g agave syrup
- 15 g peanut butter
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 g raspberries
- 120 ml almond milk
- 30 g agave syrup
- 120 g vegan white chocolate
- Mix flour, baking powder and coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, mix agave syrup, peanut butter, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and mix everything together.
- At the end add fresh or frozen raspberries and mix them in.
- Pour the dough into a baking pan lined with baking paper and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
- Once the batter is baked, place it on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Once the batter has cooled, crumble it into a bowl with your hands.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond milk, and let stand for a few minutes for the batter to soak the liquid.
- Then mix the batter and milk with your hands to get a mixture from which you can form balls.
- Take some of the batter and shape it into a ball between your hands.
- Repeat until you have used up all the batter.
- Then melt some white vegan chocolate over the steam and dip each ball into it.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator for a while to allow the chocolate to harden, then keep them in a sealed container.