Cute mini pink donuts will brighten up your days.
Carnival is approaching and with it, of course, baking donuts! Here in Slovenia we celebrate holiday called pust- a carnival with a tradition to eat donuts and dress in costumes like on Halloween. We started baking a little earlier and created these beautiful mini pink donuts that brighten up winter days and just call for spring. They are really cute and tiny and very easy to prepare, don’t take much time and you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make them. Mini donuts are not fried in oil, but baked in a waffle maker with a mini donut plate. If you do not it, you can also bake them in the oven in a donut pan, or make waffles or pancakes from this batter.
Donuts are very fluffy, soft and delicious, made with just 5 ingredients. For the topping, we used soy yogurt, in which we mixed a little beet root powder, which colored the yogurt into a beautiful pink color. You can also dip the donuts in melted chocolate, cover them with sugar topping, nut butter, sprinkle with powdered sugar … We also sprinkled them with dried flowers and freeze dried raspberries for a really wonderful look.
Ingredients and procedure
Making delicious mini donuts is very easy, and you only need 5 ingredients!
These ingredients are:
- baking powder,
- coconut oil,
- agave syrup – you can also use maple or rice syrup,
- almond drink – or any plant based drink. We like to use sugar-free almond drink.
First, mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl, then add the remaining ingredients and mix well to avoid lumps. It is best to put the mixture in a piping bag, as it is better applied to the waffle maker. Bake the donuts for about 3 minutes. When donuts are baked, decorate them with your favourite topping. We dipped them in a mixture of yogurt and beetroot powder, and sprinkled them with dried flowers and freeze dried fruit.
If you, like us, also love donuts, take a look at our recipes for:
- donuts with apple filling baked in the oven
- oven baked apple-cinnamon donuts
- chocolate-vanilla donuts
- oven donuts filled with jam
- vegan berliner donuts
- baked pumpkin donuts
Mini vegan donuts
- Waffle maker with donut plates (You can also bake them in the oven or you can make waffles or pancakes from this batter if you don't have a pan).
- 200 g flour
- 12 g baking powder
- 5 g coconut oil
- 20 g agave syrup
- 1.5 dl almond drink
- 50 g soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon beetroot powder
- Put flour and baking powder in a bowl and mix.
- Add melted coconut oil, agave syrup and almond drink and mix well.
- Let the mixture rest for a few minutes and heat the waffle maker with a donut plate.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag.
- When the waffle iron is hot, coat it with some oil and pipe batter into it.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- When all the donuts are baked, mix the soy yogurt and beetroot powder and dip the top of each donut into this mixture.
- Sprinkle with dried flowers if desired.