Flour-free lemon cookies are a healthy, tasty and refreshing snack or even breakfast that will impress you with a nice refreshing lemon taste.
These delicious cookies are made without flour, we used oat flour instead. We always have oats and oat flour in stock at home, because we constantly use it for baking and cooking. They are very healthy, delicious and you can prepare almost anything with it, from savoury to sweet dishes. We make patties, oatmeal, desserts, pancakes with oats and this time we made cookies! These cookies are nicely soft and juicy in the middle and have a gentle refreshing flavour. They are a great healthy snack or even breakfast, if you make bigger cookies. They are also great to take on the go, to work or school. Lemon juice and lemon peel create a wonderful refreshing taste, just right for the upcoming spring.
Lemon cookies are vegan, flour-free, dairy-free, egg-free and refined sugar free. They are really easy to make and the whole preparation and baking together take only about 20 minutes.
Ingredients and instructions
You only need 8 ingredients to make these delicious healthy cookies:
- oat flour – use gluten-free oats for the gluten-free version,
- baking soda,
- baking powder,
- lemon peel,
- lemon juice,
- agave syrup – you can also use maple or rice syrup instead,
- coconut oil and
If you have whole oats at home, first grind them into flour in a blender or coffee grinder or use store-bough oat flour. Then put in one bowl all the dry ingredients, add the rest of the ingredients, mix and knead well to form a dough. Divide the dough into 8 parts and form each one into a ball, press a little and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 °C, then let the cookies cool down. You can drizzle them with a mixture of erythritol (or sugar) powder and lemon juice.
For all healthy cookie lovers we have a lot of different cookie recipes on the blog:
- chickpea and peanut butter cookies,
- oat cookes with jam,
- gluten-free hazelnut cookies,
- healthy banana oatmeal cookies.
Healthy flour-free lemon cookies
- 150 g oat flour
- 10 g baking soda
- 5 g baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 30 g agave syrup
- 14 g coconut oil
- 20 ml cold water
- 20 g erythritol powder or powdered sugar
- 5 ml lemon juice
- Put oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and lemon zest in a bowl and mix.
- Add lemon juice, agave syrup, melted coconut oil and cold water and knead into a ball.
- Divide the batter into 8 parts and form each one into a ball, flatten them and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
- Put baked cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool down.
- Mix erythritol powder and lemon juice and drizzle the mixture over the cookies.