Delicious banana-oatmeal cookies for a healthy snack!
If you are looking for a good way to use ripe bananas, this is a perfect snack to make! This cookies are not just super delicious, but also very healthy. They are completely sugar-free, oil-free and flour-free. We used oat flour instead of regular flour and they came out really great. There is no need to add any sweeteners, because banana and dates makee them really sweet. It also gives cookies the best flavour and the right amount of sweetness.
We really love bananas and always buy them too many. Luckily there are so many ways how to use ripe bananas, that are way sweeter than fresh ones. We like them in smoothies, desserts or to make ice cream. We just blend frozen bananas with some cacao powder and have a very delicious and healthy ice cream. You should definitely try it out!
These cookies are a perfect way to use your overripe bananas and make yourself some delicious cookies to enjoy. They are really soft, moist and delicious! They for sure won’t last long in your house, because they are just impossible to resist!
They are made with just 5 simple ingredients:
- ripe banana,
- 2 dates,
- almond butter (you can also switch it up for some other nut butter, like peanut butter, hazelnut butter or sunflower seed butter),
- bourbon vanilla extract and
If you want, you can also add chocolate drops, like we did.
Healthy ingredients and amazing flavour, I’m sure this will become your new favourite cookie recipe! We are crazy about them. They are really easy to make, it only takes 30 minutes to turn these healthy ingredients into cookies. The smell of the cookies is heavenly and chocolate drops are just a cherry on top.
If you have too many overripe bananas you can also check out our recipe for healthy strawberry -banana oat bars. And if you love cookies, but want to eat healthy make sure to also check our peanut butter and chickpeas cookies.
Healthy banana oatmeal cookies
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 dates
- 15 g almond butter (you can also use peanut, sunflower seed or hazelnut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 30 g rolled oats
- 50 g oat flour
- chocolate drops (optional)
- Mash banana and previously soaked with a fork (or blend in a blender).
- Add almond butter and vanilla essence and mix it well together.
- Add rolled oats and oat flour and mix all together.
- At the end add chocolate drops and mix them into the batter.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Scoop balls of dough, 1 tsp of dough per cookie on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on 180°C.