A wonderful potato spiral with a crispy baked crust and a soft core will give a nice and elegant touch to your dishes.
Duchess potatoes are a great way to use potatoes. They are easy to prepare, look amazing and taste divine. These cute wrapped baked piles of potatoes are a great alternative to mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. If you’re tired of cooking potatoes the same way, try the delicious and wonderful fluffy piles of potatoes. They’re easy to make and made from just 6 simple and healthy ingredients: potatoes, spices and plant based milk. They are also very healthy, as they are prepared without oil and do not contain gluten. The crispy baked crust, soft core and wonderful appearance will surely impress your family or guests. To prepare these piles we need a piping bag and a star-shaped attachment to create beautiful piles.
Ingredients and procedure
These cute potato piles are easy to prepare and made with just 6 healthy ingredients. They are made without oil, gluten, eggs and milk.
All you need to prepare them is:
- plant based drink – for salty dishes we always use sugar-free almond drink, which has a very neutral taste,
- spices (garlic and onion powder, turmeric, salt) and
- nutritional yeast.
Cook the potatoes, mash them, add spices, nutritional yeast and mix. Put the spiced potatoes in a piping bag with a star attachment and pipe heaps of potato mass on the baking tray and bake. They can be served alone or as a side dish to roasted vegetables, vegan meat substitutes, etc.
For all potato lovers we have more recipes on our blog:
Vegan Duchess potatoes
- 700 g potatoes
- weighed without peel
- 125 ml plant-based drink
- 5 g garlic powder
- 5 g onion powder
- 5 g nutritional yeast
- a pinch of turmeric
- Cut peeled potatoes into small pieces, put in a pot with salted cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about half an hour or until soft.
- Mash cooked potatoes, add all of the spices and mix well.
- Place the prepared potato mixture in a piping bag with a star point.
- Place the baking paper on the baking tray and pipe the potato.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 220 °C.