Lemon and poppy seed muffins are a delicious treat with an amazing combination of flavours that are just perfect for the upcoming spring.
We love muffins, because they are very tasty and so easy to make! They are a great snack, dessert or even breakfast and there are so many ways you can make them. From fruit to chocolate flavours and even savoury ones, the possibilities and combinations of flavours you can make are endless. This time we made delicious lemon muffins with poppy seeds, because we are simply obsessed with this incredible combination of flavours. As spring and warmer weather approaches, these lemon and poppy seed flavored muffins will pleasantly refresh you. They will impress you with their incredible taste and texture, as they are very soft, light, juicy and fluffy, you just can’t resist them!
They are great when you get an unannounced visit or if you don’t feel like spending hours and hours in the kitchen, as they are made in a good half hour including the baking time and you only need one bowl to prepare these muffins! They are vegan, made without dairy and eggs and low in sugar and oil. You can also decorate muffins, add vegan whipped cream, sprinkle them with powdered sugar … But they are so amazing on their own, that there is no need for any of that!
Ingredients and preparation
You only need 8 simple ingredients, that you most likely already have at home, to make these delicious and refreshing muffins.
- all purpose flour,
- coconut sugar – you can also replace it with brown or white sugars and erythritol,
- poppy seed,
- baking powder,
- lemon peel,
- lemon juice – we used freshly squeezed lemon juice,
- coconut oil and
- plant based milk – we use sugar-free almond drinks in our recipes, but you can use your favorite.
The preparation is really simple as you only need one bowl to mix all of the ingredients and form a batter. All you have to do the is pour the batter into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. Then you can decorate them if desired and serve.
If you love muffins, you have to check out our recipes for:
Vegan lemon-poppy seed muffins
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 45 g coconut sugar
- 25 g poppy seeds
- 12 g baking powder
- 6 g lemon peel
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 30 g coconut oil
- 3 dl almond milk
- Mix flour, coconut sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredients (almond milk, coconut oil and lemon juice) and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
- Decorate with vegan sweet cream, lemon zest and lemon slices.