Soft muffins with double chocolate and hazelnuts will impress you so much that you’ll always want to have them at home!
Fluffy, soft, juicy, rich in taste and full of chocolate and hazelnuts, these are just some of the qualities that describe these muffins. And not only are they delicious, they are also really easy to prepare and made with simple ingredients. They are a great to make when you get unannounced visits, as they are made in just half an hour, and you will definitely amaze your guests by these! They are great for breakfast with a cup of coffee, as a dessert and you can also take them to work or school.
Muffins are made with double chocolate, because they contain both cocoa powder and chocolate pieces for the most chocolaty taste, which will surely impress all chocolate lovers. And you can even put some vegan chocolate or hazelnut spread in the middle.
You don’t need any special ingredients for these delicious muffins, just make sure you have enough chocolate chips as they give the muffins an exceptional taste and a nice look. You need:
- hazelnut meal – it adds a nice flavour,
- flax seeds – we always use them as a binder in desserts,
- all purpose flour,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can also use brown sugar or erythritol,
- cocoa powder – for chocolate flavor,
- date syrup – can be replaced with maple syrup, but it is not as thick,
- plant based milk – we usually use sugar free almond milk, but of course you can use your favourite,
- rum– for a very rich taste,
- coconut oil and
- chocolate chips – we used dark chocolate chunks.
These muffins are made in half an hour, including the baking time! But they are gone even faster because they are so delicious. They are distinguished by their exceptional appearance as well as juiciness, softness and chocolate flavour that you can’t resist. To prepare these muffins, you just need to mix all the dry and wet ingredients. Then mix it all together and finally add the chocolate pieces and mix them lightly into the batter. Pour the batter into muffin liners andbake for 20 minutes.
Vegan chocolate hazelnut muffins
- 10 g ground flax seeds + 30 ml water
- 230 g all purpose flour
- 80 g hazelnut meal
- 12 g baking powder
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 25 g date syrup
- 370 ml plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 40 g coconut oil
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Mix flax seeds with water and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder, coconut sugar, cocoa powder).
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients (date syrup, plant based milk, coconut oil, rum and pre-soaked flax seeds).
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Add chocolate chips and mix them gently into the batter.
- Pour batter into 18 muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Once they are baked, let them cool down on a cooling rack, so they don't crumble.