This chocolate cake is perfect for everyone who doesn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, because it’s made really quickly and the taste is divine.
The combination of chocolate hazelnut crust and silky chocolate coconut cream will surely impress you. This cake is not only really delicious, but is also healthy, because it’s made with ingredients rich in vitamins and minerals. At the same time, it doesn’t contain oil and it can be also prepared without gluten. Simply replace oat flour with gluten-free oat flour and you have a gluten-free version. You don’t need to even turn on the oven to prepare this delicious cake, as it is made without baking and also contains just a few ingredients.
Ingredients and instructions
Crust is made with only four healthy ingredients:
- dried dates – they are naturally very sweet so there is no need to add other sweeteners to the crust and because they are very sticky, they also act as a binder,
- oat flour – you can replace it with gluten-free oat flour for a gluten-free version,
- ground roasted hazelnuts and
- cocoa powder.
Although this cake is made really quickly, it is good to soak dates before you start. We usually soak them in lukewarm water overnight to soften, so they blend more easily. However, if you don’t have that much time, you can also soften them by soaking them in hot water for at least half an hour.
Smooth, silky and chocolate cream is also made with only four ingredients:
- coconut milk – canned coconut milk,
- dark chocolates – for intense chocolate flavour,
- maple syrup – for sweetness and
- cornstarch – it’s used to thicken the cream.
Put coconut milk, dark chocolate and maple syrup in a pot and bring to a boil. When it boils and all chocolate has melted, stir in the mixture of cornstarch and coconut milk, and stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Pour into a cake pan on the crust and allow to cool and harden completely. It is best to put cake in the fridge overnight.
When the cream has hardened, decorate the cake, we used chopped hazelnuts, coconut, puffed quinoa and chocolate drops.
We also prepared a short video recipe, to make it even easier for you to follow the recipe.
Vegan no-bake chocolate cake
- 130 g dried dates
- 150 g oat flour
- 50 g roasted hazelnut meal
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 300 g coconut milk canned
- 70 g dark chocolate
- 40 g maple syrup
- 20 g corn starch + 40 g of coconut milk
- Soak dates in lukewarm water overnight or for a few hours to soften.
- Rinse the soaked dates, drain the excess water and blend them into a smooth cream with a stick mixer.
- Add oat flour, hazelnut meal and cocoa powder and mix everything well to get a dough.
- Form the dough into a cake pan with a diameter of 19 cm.
- Put coconut milk, dark chocolate and maple syrup in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, stir in the mixture of cornstarch and coconut milk, and stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook for 3 more minutes and stir from time to time.
- Pour into a cake pan on top of the crust and allow it to cool completely, it is best to let the cake rest in fridge overnight.