Divine coconut cake is sure to impress you with its rich taste and tenderness.
This coconut cake is definitely one of the softest and juiciest cakes you’ll ever try! The combination of soft coconut cake and extremely rich and delicious coconut cream with a hint of rum for an even fuller taste will make you feel like you are in some tropical place. The cake is perfect for all coconut lovers, because it contains coconut in both, cream and cake.
Cake is extremely easy to prepare and we also made a video recipe for you, which you can find below.
Ingredients and preparation
Preparation of the cakes is very simple and you only need 9 ingredients:
- flax seeds,
- semi-white flour – you can also replace it with white flour if you wish,
- coconut flour,
- baking powder,
- coconut sugar – you can also replace it with brown sugar,
- maple syrup – you can also use agave or rice syrup,
- coconut milk – beverage, not canned,
- vanilla extract and
- coconut oil.
First, prepare batter for the cake and bake three cakes. While the cakes are baking, you can prepare the coconut cream. Once the cakes are baked, let them cool a bit. If the top layer is slightly rounded, align it by cutting off the top. You can also cut the edges to make the cake even juicier and more even.
You only need 4 ingredients for an extremely tasty and juicy coconut cream:
- coconut flour,
- canned coconut milk,
- maple syrup and
- rum – if you’re not a fan of rum, just skip it and add a little bit of vanilla extract instead of rum.
Just mix the ingredients together and let it rest for a while for the coconut to soak.
When the cakes and cream are ready, assemble the cake. Soak each layer of cake with a few tablespoons of coconut milk and spread with coconut cream, put another cake on top and repeat.
Use excess cake to make cake pops
You can use the excess cake to make delicious coconut cake pops. Grind all the leftover dough into a bowl, pour over the coconut milk and a little bit of rum and let it soak. Then form the balls and roll them in coconut.
If you are looking for more ideas for vegan cakes, check out recipes for cherry cake , chocolate-raspberry cake and chocolate cake.
Vegan coconut cake
- 20 g ground flax seeds + 50 ml of water
- 400 g semi-white flour or all purpose flour
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 18 g baking powder
- 80 g coconut sugar
- 40 g maple syrup
- 6 dl coconut milk (drink) not canned
- 40 g coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 380 g coconut milk canned
- 50 g maple syrup
- 15 ml of rum
- Mix flax seeds with water and let it soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and coconut sugar).
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and pre-soaked flax seeds and mix well with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Divide the batter evenly into three baking trays with a diameter of 19 cm and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C. (If you only have one baking tray, you can bake cakes one after the other.)
- Allow the cakes to cool on the cooling rack. You can cut off the edges and top of the cakes if it is rounded, as this will make the cake more beautiful and juicy.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let the mixture rest for a while to allow the coconut to soak.
- Take one cake, place it on a flat surface and soak it with a few tablespoons of coconut milk.
- Spread a little less than a third of the coconut cream on the cake.
- Cover with another cake, soak it with milk, spread with coconut cream and cover with the last cake.
- Coat the whole cake with the rest of the coconut cream.
- Put the cake in the fridge overnight and slice it the next day.