These mouth-watering, yet simple slices are a perfect choice if you love light and refreshing desserts. They are very easy to make and you don’t even need to use the oven!
A combination of tender crust and silky Panna Cotta style coconut cream creates the perfect dessert. The crust is made with only a few ingredients, without any sugar or oil. And the best thing is, that it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, because it doesn’t require any baking at all. You only need to bled ingredients together to make a crust, and then cook the cream in a pot and pour it on the crust, that’s it! Coconut cream, limes and blackberries create the best refreshing taste! This tempting treat is perfect for all Panna Cotta lovers.
You only need 3 ingredients to prepare crust:
- prunes in
- oat flour (blended oats).
Soak dates and prunes in luk warm water for at least two hours or overnight, so they soften and are easier to blend into a smooth cream. If you don’t have that much time, you can soak them in boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Once you blend them into smooth cream, all you have to do is add oat flour and mix it together with a fork. Then roll out the crust into a thin layer and put it in a mold.
Panna Cotta cream
The main and best part of this dessert is Panna Cotta style cream! It is made from coconut cream (we used low fat cream from a can), maple syrup, vanilla extract, lime juice, agar agar and corn starch. And for the perfect taste and look we added some blackberries. If you don’t like blackberries or don’t have them at home, you can use blueberries, raspberries, cherries or some other fruit instead, or just skip fruits all together and make a silky and smooth coconut cream.
Agar agar is a key ingredient in these slices. It is made from algae and creates a jelly like texture, so it is the best vegan alternative to gelatine. It has no colour or taste, but is a crucial ingredient, that turns liquid into a smooth cream.
You can form this dessert in any way you like: as slices, like we did, pie or even cake. If you love Panna Cotta, you can simply skip the crust and only use recipe for the cream to create a perfect vegan Panna Cotta! You can make it in a glass or any mold you like and then pour some cooked fruits on it.
Vegan Panna Cotta slices
- 100 g dates
- 50 g prunes
- 60 g oat flour
- 400 g canned coconut milk
- 6 g agar agar
- 30 g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 g corn starch and 10 ml water
- 150 g frozen blackberries
- juice of half a lemon
- Soak dates and prunes in cold water for 2 hours or overnight. (If you are in a hurry you can also soak them in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Blend presoaked dates and prunes into a smooth paste.
- Add oat flour and mix together, until you get a nice mixture.
- Roll the crust and put it in a mold.
- Put coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla essence, juice of half a lemon and agar agar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, mix in corn starch (previously mixed with 10 ml of water) and keep stiring. Cook for around 3 minutes and stir a few times.
- At the end add blackberries, but don't mix them.
- Pour cream on top of the base and leave on room temerature so it can harden.
- Cut into pieces and store in the fridge.