Soft and tender cookies, rich in flavour, that just melt in your mouth are perfect for all chocolate and hazelnut lovers.
Cookies are also gluten-free and refined sugar free! And there are zero unhealthy fats in it, only healthy fats from hazelnuts. Cookies are only sweetened with a little bit of coconut sugar and date syrup. Instead of regular flour, we used hazelnut flour, which is a great healthy and tasty alternative, perfect for everyone who can’t have any gluten.
The combination of chocolate and hazelnuts is just heavenly and make it impossible to resist these delicious cookies! They are a bit crunchy on the outside, with delicious roasted hazelnut chunks and soft and tender in the middle, because of date syrup and hazelnut spread. And to make them even more tempting, there is a bit of hazelnut spread on top!
And not only they taste amazing, they are also super easy to make! You only need to mix all of the ingredients together, split dough into 10 parts and form each one in a cookie. To do so, you need to firstly form a ball, roll it in hazelnuts, push down with your hand and make a dent with a thumb, so simple. And you only have to bake them for 10 minutes and then let them cool down a bit. Then you can fill them with hazelnut spread.
Because all of the ingredients, used to make these cookies are edible without baking, you can simply make no-bake cookies. In this case the taste and texture will be a bit different, but still amazing! You can even use this recipe to make some healthy chocolate-hazelnut balls, all you have to do is follow the recipe until 6th step, and then just bake them, or leave them unbaked, the choice is yours. Whatever you decide to make, you will have some delicious and healthy snack as a result!
If you love carob, make sure to check out our thumbprint carob cookies, that look similar to those, but contain a lot of carob. And for all the oat lovers, we also have a recipe for oat thumbprint cookies with jam.
Vegan hazelnut-chocolate thumbprint cookies.
- 100 g hazelnut flour
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 10 g cacao powder
- 40 g date syrup
- 45 g vegan chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 5 g ground flax seeds
- 25 ml water
- 30 g chopped hazelnuts
- 5 teaspoons of vegan chocolate-hazelnut spread to put on top
- Soak flaxseeds in water for around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix hazelnut flour, coconut sugar and cacao in another bowl.
- Add date syrup, chocolate-hazelnut spread and presoaked flax seeds.
- First mix it with a forx, then knead with your hands to make a dough.
- Split dough into 10 equal parts (around 24 g each) and form each one into a ball.
- Roll each ball in chopped hazelnuts.
- Put them on a pan and press down with your hand, then make a dent with your thumb.
- Bake in preheated oven on 180°C for 10 minutes.
- When they are baked, let them cool down and then fill dents with a bit of chocolate-hazelnut spread.