Souffle is an amazing dessert that impresses over and over again with it’s amazing chocolate flavour and perfect soft texture. It’s simply irresistible!
It is super easy to make and it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, you only need seven ingredients to make it! It’s also gluten free and of course it’s made without dairy and eggs, that are usually the main ingredients. This souffle is a proof, that you can make heavenly souffle in a completely vegan version with no fear that it’s raw or underbaked, because all of the ingredients are edible without baking.
You are probably already curious what are the ingredients for this souffle, so let’s get into it! The main ingredient is de-oiled hazelnut flour, which is a great alternative for regular flour. It’s great for baking delicious desserts with a gentle hazelnut taste and has a low glycemic index, is high in protein, vitamins and minerals.
Other ingredients are:
- cacao powder – for a perfect chocolate taste,
- plant based milk – we used sugar free almond milk, that is our favourite, but you can use any kind you like the most,
- psyllium – is a great substitute for egg, because it creates a jelly like texture,
- coconut sugar – is a bit healthier alternative to white or brown sugar, but you can also use them if you don’t have coconut sugar,
- baking powder – is important to get light and fluffy texture and
- coconut oil.
Souffle is extremely soft, tender and creamy and just melts in your mouth! It’s the best enjoyed right from the oven, when it’s still warm and really soft with a nice thin crust on top. But you can also store it in the fridge and enjoy later, because it will stay moist and tasty. It’s such a joy to eat it out of cute little souffle dishes, that are just the right size for one person. Souffle is a perfect dessert, that will impress even the most tough crowd. But it is also great to enjoy as a breakfast, because it’s healthy and full of proteins that will give you the energy to start the day right.
If you don’t have time for baking or just want to enjoy some nice creamy breakfast, you can skip the baking powder and just mix all of the other ingredients together and you will have a healthy and delicious chocolate-hazelnut treat.
This souffle is made without melted chocolate, so you can add a piece of chocolate in the middle, before baking and it will melt nicely in the oven. When it’s baked, you can also add some melted chocolate on top and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts for a nice look and crunchy addition.
Vegan gluten-free souffle
- 2 souffle dishes (around 9 cm)
- 80 g de-oiled hazelnut flour
- 8 g coconut oil
- 210 ml plantbased milk
- 5 g baking powder
- 8 g cocoa powder
- 20 g coconut sugar
- 2 g psyllium + 25 ml water
- Mix psyllium with water and let it soak for 10 minutes, so it gets a jelly like texture.
- In a seperate bowl mix hazelnut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add coconut oil, plant based milk and presoaked psyllium.
- Mix it all together to get a smooth batter.
- Put it in two souffle dishes and bake for 20 minutes on 200°C.
- When it's baked, drizzle some chocolate on top, add chopped hazelnuts and enjoy.