This double chocolate cake is perfect for all the chocolate lovers!
You have to try this double chocolate cake, because it tastes heavenly and is also pretty healthy! The cake is without refined sugar and contains two vegetables, that you can’t really taste, but they add a lot of vitamins to it and are great to make the perfect texture.
The cake is really soft and moist, and very chocolaty. What makes it so nicely soft is zucchini! You might be wondering what is zucchini doing in a cake, but we assure you it makes the cake so much better and you can’t taste it at all. It adds a lot of moisture to the cake and makes a nice texture. This cake is really simple to make, and you can even use this recipe to make some delicious chocolate muffins.
The chocolate cream on top is what makes the whole cake so amazing. It contains a vegetable as well, and it’s sweet potato, which you could never guess when eating eat. Sweet potato is a really great ingredient for desserts, because it is a bit sweet and has a nice creamy texture when it’s cooked and blended. Cream is also refined sugar free and only contains a little bit of coconut oil. It is really simple to make and tastes amazing!
We sometimes add some more layers to the cake and make a chocolate-cherry cake. Here is a video of that cake and if you want to get a full recipe, click here.
Vegan double chocolate cake
- 320 g flour 2 2/3 cups
- 25 g cacao 3 tbsps
- 90 g coconut sugar ½ cup
- 12 g baking powder 1 tbsp
- 80 g ground walnuts 1 cup
- 280 ml rice milk 1 1/4 cup
- 60 ml coconut oil 1/4 cup
- 200 g zucchini 4 cups
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 400 g sweet potato 2 2/3 cup
- 100 g dark chocolate ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 120 ml rice milk ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (add more if you preffer sweeter desserts)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add blended zucchini and other wet ingredients
- Mix them into a smooth batter.
- Bake 25 minutes on 180°C
- Cook sweet potato and mash it when cooked.
- Add chocolate while potato is warm and let it melt.
- Add all of the other ingredients and blend it into a smooth cream.
- Spread cream over chocolate cake and let it harden.