Vegan version of classic Italian dessert Tiramisu. Fluffy and light cream and juicy biscuits soaked in coffee are a perfect combination that will impress all coffee lovers.
Tiramisu has always been one of our favourite desserts, and now we’ve finally made it in a vegan version. Veganising dishes, especially desserts, is always an interesting challenge for us, which we are happy to tackle. Soft and juicy biscuits soaked in coffee create an extremely tasty dessert that you really can’t resist. Tiramisu is extremely easy to prepare, it takes you less than half an hour, because you don’t need to cook or bake anything. Get ready for the best dessert you can imagine!
Tiramisu is a great idea for when you want something sweet, but you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, as you can make tiramisu in less than half an hour. But it’s a good idea to let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour or even better overnight, to let the flavours and texture develop completely.
Coffee lovers will definitely love the intense taste of cookies soaked in coffee, it’s incredible! You should use strong coffee and dip the biscuits in it for a few seconds to soften, but not let them soak for too long, as they can fall apart.
Even if you’re not exactly a coffee lover, you can still enjoy tiramisu! Just use cocoa instead! This version is also suitable for kids and tastes just as amazing. Just soak the biscuits in cocoa instead of coffee.
Ingredients and instructions
Tiramisu is very easy to prepare, doesn’t take a lot of time and the taste and texture will surely impress you. You only need 7 ingredients to make tiramisu:
- ladyfinger biscuits – you can also use some other kind of biscuits,
- coffee – use strong coffee for an intense flavor, or cocoa if you’re not a coffee lover,
- vegan mascarpone,
- vegan whipping cream,
- vanilla extract,
- erythritol – you can also use white, brown or coconut sugar and
- cacao powder.
For the cream, just mix whipping cream, add mascarpone, vanilla extract and erythritol and mix. Soak biscuits in coffee and put them in square dish. Spread some cream on top and then repeat layers two more times. Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour or even better, overnight. Then sprinkle it with cacao powder, slice and serve.
- 130 g ladyfinger biscuits
- 170 ml coffee
- 150 g vegan mascarpone
- 120 g vegan whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 g erythritol or sugar
- cocoa powder for decoration
- First prepare the cream: beat whipping cream, add mascarpone, vanilla extract and erythritol and mix.
- Dip one third of the biscuits in the coffee for a few seconds to soak it up then arrange them on the bottom of a square dish (15 cm x 15 cm).
- Spread third of the cream evenly on the layer of biscuits.
- Repeat twice more to get 3 layers of biscuits and cream.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour, then dust with cocoa powder, cut into 4 pieces and serve.