Delicious homemade chocolate granola without added oil is always a great idea!
Crispy baked granola is so much better than store-bought, as it does not contain any artificial additives or oil, and all of the ingredients can be perfectly adapted to your taste. You can even make it gluten-free with a simple switch. And it only takes about half an hour to make, including the baking time! You just have to mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, transfer to a baking dish and bake for about 10 minutes. Then allow it to cool down and place in a tightly closed container.
This time we made an extremely delicious chocolate granola with coconut and hazelnuts! Homemade granola is extremely healthy as it contains a huge amount of seeds, oats, cacao, nuts and more whole ingredients. We prepared it without any oil and used almond butter as a healthy source of fats. And it is sweetened with some agave and date syrup. Instead of almond butter, you can also use peanut butter, which has a more intense flavour. You can completely adapt the granola to your own taste and wishes and choose the ingredients that are your favourite. You can add different seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, hemp, sesame …), nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts), dried fruit, etc.
If you like a quick and healthy breakfast, this granola is definitely a great idea. You can eat it with milk or use it as a delicious crunchy addition to smoothies, yogurt bowls…
Ingredients and instructions
Chocolate granola is very easy to prepare, and you need 12 healthy and whole ingredients, 6 basic ingredients and 6 additional ingredients that you can replace with your favourite ones.
The basic ingredients are:
- oats – replace them with gluten-free ones for gluten-free version,
- cocoa powder,
- agave syrup – you can also use rice or maple syrup,
- date syrup – if you don’t have it, replace it with agave, rice or maple syrup and
- almond butter – you can also use hazelnut or peanut butter.
Additional ingredients to add:
- sunflower and flax seeds,
- expanded quinoa,
- coconut chips,
- cacao nibs and
- roasted hazelnuts.
First put dry ingredients (except cocoa beans and hazelnuts) in a bowl, mix, then add wet ingredients, mix well again and put the mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stir granola several times in between so that it bakes evenly. When it is baked, add cacao nibs and roasted hazelnuts, wait for it to cool completely and store it in an airtight container.
Vegan chocolate granola
- 200 g rolled oats
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g flax seeds
- 20 g quinoa puffs
- 10 g of coconut chips
- 10 g of cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 40 g agave syrup
- 30 g date syrup
- 25 g almond butter
- 15 g cocoa nibs
- 20 g roasted hazelnuts
- First, mix the oats, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, quinoa puffs, coconut chips, cacao powder and salt.
- Add agave syrup, date syrup and almond butter and mix well.
- Put the mixture on a baking tray covered by baking paper.
- Bake at for 10 minutes 150 ° C and stir several times. Then bake at 200 ° C for another 3 minutes.
- Let it coo downl, then add the cocao nibs and chopped roasted hazelnuts and stir.
- Store in a closed container.