This amazing treat is not only beautiful to look at, but also incredibly delicious!
Sweet bread with walnut filling is one of our favourite Sunday breakfasts to make for the whole family. We make it in all kinds of amazing different forms, that always impress everybody! We really love making a sunflower or flower shape, because it is really fun to make and looks like a work of art.
And not only does it look amazing, it also tastes so! The dough is incredibly soft and fluffy, and the best part is the walnut cream, which is made from walnuts, a little bit of rum, coconut sugar and rice milk. The cream is what makes it really perfect and adds a very rich flavour. Any shape you make, the cream will be in every layer, so any piece that you’ll eat will for sure have some cream in it. And a little bit of cream that is on the outside gets a nice crunchy texture when baked.
To make it look really magical, sprinkle a little bit of powdered sugar on top!
This recipe is great if you want to impress your family and friends and even though it might look complicated, it’s actually very easy to make.
Check out the videos to see how to make both shapes, you’ll see just how easy it is!
This one is the easiest to make. You just have to put dough into 3 equal parts, roll each part into a circle, and put it together into a layers, with walnut cream between each layer. Then just cut and braid as shown in the video.
This one takes a bit more time, but is not too complicated. You separate dough into 3 parts. And with two of those parts you make 3 circles and create layers just as for regular flower, and then cut it as shown in the video to create petals. And the third part of dough is used to fill in the middle. You can make small roll, one big ciecle with walnut filling in the middle, or little bubbles, anything you like.
- 500 g flour
- 11 g dry yeast (mixed with 9g brown sugar, 18g flour and 100ml warm rice milk)
- 25 g coconut oil
- 25 g coconut sugar
- 250 ml rice milk
- 250 g walnut meal
- 20 ml rum
- 35 g coconut sugar
- 100 ml rice milk
- Put flour in a bowl and add salt on the outer circle, put prepared yeast, coconut sugar, coconut oil and rice milk in the middle and mix it together until you get a soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest in a warm place for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling just mix all of the ingredients in a blender.
- When the dough has raised, cut it into 3 pieces. And form them into circles
- Cover one circle with 1/2 of the walnut cream, cover with another circle, spread with cream and cover with another circle of dough.
- Put a bowl in the middle and cut around 16 times and twist - watch video below to see how to do that.
- Bake on 180°C for 25 minutes.