You will fall in love with this sweet chocolate candy with stretchy caramel!
We used to love twix bars before going vegan, because caramel, biscuit and chocolate are such an amazing combo! We wanted to make a vegan version for so long and now we finally made it! And in our opinion it’s even better than the real thing! It’s impossible to resist the crunchy cookie base and creamy stretchy caramel covered with lots of dark hocolate.
The caramel in the middle is really smooth, rich in flavour and super easy to make! You only need 4 ingredients to make the best caramel in town! All you need is:
- coconut milk,
- brown sugar,
- date syrup and
And that’s it! I’m sure this will become your new favourite caramel recipe. It’s also delicious on it’s own or you can use it to drizzle over ice cream, pie, apples, there’s so many options. We even used it to pour over cheesecake!
When you make the bars, it’s best if you keep them in fridge, but if you want the caramel to be really sticky when eating it, leave it on a room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
You can also check out our video recipe of these bars to see how amazing the caramel is and exactly how to make them!
Vegan Twix bars
- 100 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 g brown sugar
- 30 g coconut oil
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 30 ml water
- 60 g coconut milk (thick)
- 40 g brown sugar
- 10 g date syrup (you can substitute it with brown sugar or other syrup)
- a pinch of salt
- Mix all of the ingredients for the biscuit and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then roll it out and form into a square. Bake for 15 minutes on 200°C.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a pan and bring them to a boil.
- While it’s boiling keep mixing it for around 2 minutes and then lower the heat and mix for 3 more minutes.
- Let it cool down a bit, pour on the biscuit and put in a fridge for a bit, then cut into bars.
- Cover each bar with dark chocolate and let it harden.
- *If you want the caramel to be soft and stretchy when eating it, leave it on a room temperature for a while.